New Dicipline Idea

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

anyone think this is cool?

AWESOME! Why didn't I think of that?
23%
COOL! I thought of that a long time ago.
8%
EEH! If I thought of that I'd have kept it to myself.
23%
ICK! I'm glad I didn't think of that.
No votes
That's so horrible, I think I peed a little.
15%
It's an ok idea, it's the poll I hate!
31%

Total votes: 13
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Here are all the skills that can heal negatives

1. Emapth life transfer – 1 life transferred for 2 life spent. 20 secs to use. Can give 2-3 life every minute a person is in negatives
2. First aid – 3 life heal in negatives – 60 secs to use
3. Healer transfusion – 1 life transferred for 1 life spent. 30 secs to use. Can give 1-2 life every minute a person is in negatives
4. Surgery – 10 life heal in negatives – 60 sec to use
5. 2 potions – range from 1-8 life heal in negatives
6. Druid life transfer – 1 life transferred for 1 life spent. Instant to use.
7. Surgery – 1 life heal with a chip draw and another 1-8 potion given

Now if you just have a druid healer with 10 life and 5 cure 1 potions they, sage buff +1 potion, by themselves could bring a person back from – 37 before chips need to drawn
First aid – 3
Surgery – 10
Life transfer – 18 (drink 3 potions for 3 life a piece)
Potions - 6

Now, the average person with level 1 healing can bring a person back from negative – 5
First aid – 3
2 potions – 2

So the minium a person be healed is -2 with 2 potions
From there is jumps up to -100+ level
It is all about the number of people, disaplines, paths, and potions available

Right now a standard healer can bring a person back from -23 with 2 cure 1 potions and themselves.
First aid -3
2 potions with admin – 4
Surgery -10
Transfusion and extend life - 6
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

How about just an addition that a person must draw 1 chip for every 10 life points in negatives (ie 1 at -10, 2 at -20, etc) regardless of method.

These chip draws do not count against surgery draws.

Then those with healing negs don't get hosed but it makes negs deadly. Unfortunately it makes anyone with a non-capped healing skill need a bag.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Nope not going to make everyone get a bag of chips. That is why it would requiere surgery.

That does open healing possibilities though.

Field Medic.

2nd level skill. 1st aid. and you can cary a bag of 10 chips and assist in surgeries.

Thenm since you have a bag you could draw chips and heal through potions instead of the skill
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

It's only be for those planning on healing more than 10 life (which would add maybe 5% to the list?). Without a chip bag you can only do -9...
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Yeah but not everyone is a healer. Why should ka the warrior be able to pice together a person who is farther down in negs than he actually has life because he caries a bag.

It does not make sence. To have it make sence I would have to have people carry around a 10 point bag with 9 red chips and then as you gain skills you can change your ratio.

Well that adds alot of unneeded complication.

Personally, I am not even sure I think it is THAT big of a deal. Now if the players want things to be scarier in negs then we can add the rule I suggested, and if not I don't care too much.
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

no no no... the bag wouldn't change a non-healer (well, someone with any healing ability) since potions are capped at 8.

Ka can heal currently from -3. Now, with potions, Ka can heal a max of -11 (two cure 4s). However, due to the fact that Reid has no desire to carry around a bag of chips, he can only do -9 (so using a cure 4 and anything higher than a cure 2 is a waste). However, if Reid chooses to carry a bag, then I could heal up to -11, but the person being healed must draw a chip.

Similarly, Maximus the empath can, if he is really lucky, heal from -3. He would fall under the same rules as Ka.

In the end, I think we need something that makes the further in negatives you go, the harder it is to survive, regardless of healing method. I want to see the "well, it's better just to let him die" and "there is nothing we can do for him" approach return.
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

General Maximus wrote:
The question we as PC and NPC have to answer is, how deadly do we want the game?
I think that point was made last event.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well I can agree with that, the problem I have is implimentation

I guess my feeling is I do not want alchemy to replace a healer. Does it? Well no I would not say it does, but at the same time it can be pretty close.

With first aid and some potions you can heal what a healer can with their super ability and I guess I do not like that.

I do not want people saying "well we have an alchemist" close enough.

Basically, getting into negs at all should be a big deal. Anything more than first aid should be a big deal.

Then we have the question of where to put the rule. if everyone can do it then it is one more thing for everyone, but if I put it in a skill then only those with the skill have to know.

I also never liked the 2 potion in neg thing it felt very artifical to me.

I guess I am saying is that at some point it should requiere a healer. We can say anything neg 9 and lower does not requier a healer.

Once you hit neg 10 then you do need a healer and you have a chip draw, and every neg 10 after that is a chip draw. We can say before a person is raised they need a successful surgery.

Just my thoughts.
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Yeah, your suggestions work. Now, by healer, would that be something covered in the first aid skill (that way all healers can have bags and it's the first skill and the first chance a healer can heal past -10)?

Now as for alchemy being close, I'm not too concerned with two cure 4s as that's a ton of time being burned. And lower potions aren't powerful unless you are already a healer.

And raising does require a two chip draw already, at least I thought it did. Which with this, someone past -30 would be better off dying and being brought back, though if you don't have time and need them now, you might just have to eat the extra chip draw.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

It is never better to "let them die" nor should it.

what I am saying i you always have to heal before you can raise. if they fail the heal then they would not be raisable because the body is too beat up.

Or

you could attempt the heal and fail then the you take that chip draw and add it in to the next. So lets say your at neg 30 and you have to draw 3 chips and die. Ok now you go for the raise. You would have to draw 5 chips.

As for First Aid. No I do not want that skill to have a bag. Non healers should not be able to go beyond neg 9. Then I do not have to worry about druid, paladin, or what ever else we come up with later.
Chris
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

I like Eric’s idea. It make negatives scary. The only change I would make is the chip draw starts at -16 and every 10 level after. This because of the you come back at -15 when raised, and you already drawing chips, why draw more.
So if you are at 1 and get hit for a 30 magic, your at -28. That means a healer better be there to bring you back or someone with a chip bag because you have to draw twice. Now this draw is separate from surgery. You would draw for surgery, place all the chips in the bag, than draw for major negatives. It just plain is dangerous to go in deep negatives!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

By healer, you mean someone with the Surgery skill? I'm kinda against being someone being burned due to a needing master healer. But I can understand it for simplicity.

So, anyone can heal -9, and in surgery add that they can heal infinite negatives while attending someone (ie they can be doing extend life or first aid and others can be doing their thing not just while using surgery).

Also to surgery would be the thing on the chip draws. Something that decibes after every 10 life healed in negatives a chip is drawn. If at any time the red chip is drawn the person dies. Chips are then tossed back in the bag. If someone is ressurrected, then for every 10 life in negatives, 1 chip is added to the required draw. I think this is what you described.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Is this really that nessissary?

I tell you now I am against ANYONE or ANY curren skill getting a chip bag besides the surgery skill. There I said it. So basically that rule will not pass.

My question is how many people fall that far into negs? How often do people find themselves at neg 20? if it is rare then no need for a rule change and from what I can gather neg 15 is a cake walk.

So we go from cake walk to scary 2% of the time? Not woth a change.

Now if the game needs to be scarier in negs in general then we need to look at it, but you know maybe it is just fine.
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

-100 is a cakewalk now...
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

So what if neg 100 is a cakewalk. It is only a cakewalk if you have everything imaginable at your disposal.

My point is how often does anyone get to neg 100? How often do people hit neg 20. How often do people hit neg 10.

I don't think we need to start changing rules around for that 1% chance someone actually hits neg 20.

If you want the game more deadly then it should be more deadly for the cakewalk neg 10 where 90% of the negs fall into.
Chris