New Skills Brainstorm

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

New Skills Brainstorm

Post by cole45 »

Subtle boomtossing
The Character may charge any ability with out raising their hand into their air. All normal charge restrictions still apply.

Press Standoff
By expending their use of press for a battle, the character becomes immune to press if and only if they do not move. They lose their ability to use press for the rest of the battle.

sabatuer
The pc may reduce the military points of any organization by 25% of his base allegence. This may apply to external groups, or interal ones. This can be identified by the investigate skill.

Cryptography
The character may reduce the time on any decipher script check by 50% or may increase the time on a check by 50&(coding the script.)

Alchemecial perfection:
The character may brew one more level worth of potions at a time.

so on and so forth.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

keep them comming. :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Re: New Skills Brainstorm

Post by dier_cire »

smitty19 wrote:Now this might be way off the mark, and could be overpowered, but in my eyes i thought it was worth asking about. Saying that the warrior has had so much time, and training that he is starting to be able to control his inner stepchild and knows now how to use it effectively as a battle tool. Instead of becoming a blood-thirsty maniac, he know knows how to channel his rage into an extention of himself. It would work just the same as rage, I.E. giving you an additional point of damage for your swing but you now have learned to use it effectively with out the need for dropping your shield, so instead of becoming a frothing madman you now know how to strike with percision and strength but at a cost to your body, meaning it could cost 2 lp to activate it. Just something I was thinking about, but it could be done as an incentive, meaning by no means making people overpowered, but giving the high levels something to still strive towards
You don't have to drop your shield now to use rage... It's only for those with a weapon focus that this would benefit and the whole reason for that was to keep people like me from swinging 3 with a shield (and is exactly the single reason I don't play a knight)... :)

While I might like the idea, problem is the rule is there for balance.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

and we probably want to avoid skill that add soak, or damage. those are easy.

We need enhancers to existing skills, new skills. things that affect base game mechanics, or just don't exist are good!
Travis Cole
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Not a problem, like i said it was just a thought i had (c:
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Does anybody still have the old guild skill list, that may be a good place to start.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

One of the ideas floating around is to give you more things to do with hero points.

So the idea to say swing 3 or heck lets say 4 may be possible in a Hero Point skill tree.

Forexample lets say every 20 levels you get to pick a new HP skill. There would be say 3 catagories so you could pick one from the offensive stack and then again at level 40 and then again at 60.

The skill could read "Spend a Hero point to swing plus 2 damage if you are wielding a twohanded weapon"

or

"You can now stack hero points to swing more damage with your weapon"

So in example A: you could swing 5 and in example b you could swing 6 or 5 with a shield.

Since HP's would be once an event type of things that repop after the event you could pull something like this once an event by blowing your wad.

It would be balanced by the "once per event" thing

-----------------------------------------------
Or how about "Spend a hero point to to give another person 5 life instantly"

or "Spend a hero point to resist the last effect" (I dont like this one, but depending on how big the tree is I could possibly see it in there.
Chris
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

I like that Chris....
Could it be like a one time use or like a buff for the entire event?? Like a sage buff?
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

well it would be a one time buff for a scene just like how Hero points are currently used
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Wouldn't increasing damage ultimately lead to more complaining about damage? I mean "once an event" isn't that big of a deal when considering damage as there are usually only 2-3 signifigant battles in an event. This would lead to warriors more or less always swinging more damage which in turn forces the NPCs to have more hitpoints on average and do more damage in return. It's still a complaint now that everything swings 2.

And 6 for a combat is just wrong, especially considering said person could also have up to 3 floaters from Military points. That's 9 damage for a combat, repopable.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Please keep them comming
Chris
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Helping hand:

If you have the same skill as another player, you may team with for the action to reduce the time by half.

(not frelling likkly)Mobile Charging:
You may move while charging, howver you must double the charge time, and all damage taken is concidered vorpal. (or crush if you like that better.)

Stable charging:If you take a hit while charging, you do not lose the charge, however you do add ten seconds to the charge time AND take the damage as crush.

Elven magic:
Elves may expend their use of lesser channel to swing magic forthe duration of the combat. this may be done in any amor, and it uses up the lesser channel for the duration

Orc perfection
an orc may spend his racial press once per combat to deal Lash Press. This uses up press for the duration of combat.

Valkyn'vi:
A valkyn'vi may use up his racial kncokout for the duration of combat to deal 1 vorpal knockout. this takes a minute to charge, and costs a life point.

Improved hold ground.
a warrior who is holding ground may drop hold ground with out dropping to zero. this requires an uninterrupted 10 count. at the end of which the warrior losses all hold ground benefits.
Travis Cole
deviantdante
New in Town
New in Town

Post by deviantdante »

How about a knockdown type of attack?

Cause really if you get hit by something big or strong, say a giant, you should at least fall over.

Won't knock out, just like disarm but instead of dropping weapon you drop yourself.
Stabbed to death, decapitated, head used as soccer ball then heart cut out and disposed of.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

It is a good idea except that it creates another call and we have capped new calls.
Chris
deviantdante
New in Town
New in Town

Post by deviantdante »

oh...well you could call it maybe press root and the 15 seconds it takes for root to break could simulate you trying to get up...or like a press fear or something...

Or make it an arcanic spell like that arctic blast one that causes people to press into ground. But instead have it like a wind blast.
Stabbed to death, decapitated, head used as soccer ball then heart cut out and disposed of.