suicide?

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

suicide?

Post by cole45 »

Is there any reason to think you can't kill your self on a 5 count? (seriously, this is a question.)
Travis Cole
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Well, technically, you'd have to be restrained, sleep or ko'd wouldn't you? I mean if you're gonna kill yourself you're gonna kill yourself but doesn't the killing blow rule have that as part of it?
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Death and Dying...

Post by Torakhan »

Peace420 wrote:Well, technically, you'd have to be restrained, sleep or ko'd wouldn't you? I mean if you're gonna kill yourself you're gonna kill yourself but doesn't the killing blow rule have that as part of it?
I think you're also assuming it's by a bladed weapon...
What about getting yourself down to one lifepoint and then dealing enough damage to put you into dying and "bleed out" from there?

Otherwise...
Could you could poison yourself with something that doesn't just starve you.
Could you could blow yourself up with a dozen traps, or lay in a "fire" that continually deals damage to you.

Then again, you can just say "I'm killing myself" and do it. *shrugs* I don't think any GM is gonna argue that one.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Thats exactly the questions.

The killing blow rule also states that if you are faking it IE playing dead and do nothing to stop it, you are also dead.

Does that apply?

I need to know what the rule intent is.
Travis Cole
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Apply the rule of common sense
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Um yeah you can kill yourself. You can also refuse a rez.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I know you can kill yourself, the question is method. (I am not asking to be difficult, this is really sort of plot related.)

the five second rule makes the most sense to me since someone can then stop you. But it has questionable legality.

The wack yourself until you die is clearly legal. you can target youself. But it's awkward.
Travis Cole
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

If it's an NPC you plan on having kill itself, decide how you want to have it handled, if it's going to be an implanted suggestion or something on a PC, well then they'd have to decide how to carry it out, unless you implanted "killing blow yourself" to which, if I was the PC I'd just sit there since by the rules you can't really do that.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I found it. You can killing blow yourself by choosing not to fight back.

A killing blow is an attack against a target that causes them to die instantly rather than slowly
bleeding to death. If a target is unconscious (due to a negative life point total or being forced
unconscious in some manner), forced unable to fight back (tied up, unable to move limbs for
some reason), or chooses not to fight back (Feigning sleep or death) a player may touch them
with a weapon or fist phys-rep and declare "I am killing you/ slitting your throat/ choking you/
etc." They then make a 5 count and say, "You are dead.” The target is then considered
dead.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Or alternatively you could just say "I slit my throat" and be bleeding to death with no count. There is no rule preventing you from just dying for no reason. Ka could just fall over dead one day because I got tired of playing him, no count no bleed to death time nada (you'd all be so lucky).
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

yeah exactly.

You could choose to have a heart attack. Not in the rules. Will never be in the rules, but you could do it.

There is no rules to you just leaving the game at 1pm, but you could. :)
Chris
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

so your saying you can just have a heart attack when your being tortured for information? doesn't that sound...cheesey?
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Nope, you can always choose to not play a character.

Infact it makes for a good story. Some PC's start torchering someone and don't do a good job and let him/her die. I think it is great. Infact it is probably good RP to kill yourself at times. Forexample, you are just really surprised by an assassin, so good infact you decide to just die.

It is all good.
Chris
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

Hmmm, perhaps we can start having Orien's hospital make some money by offering assisted suicide for a reasonable rate.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Haven all ready does that. A lot of folks have committed suicide by attacking with an inferior force, and we help them on their way. :P