Can you heal a person while they are attacked

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

yes as long as they are not taking damage (behind a shield)
11%
Yes you can heal a person anytime
22%
No you can never heal a person who is under attack
67%

Total votes: 9
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I'll explain my answer.

Yes. However the count restarts on each hit (if using mass heal and they are the only person, otherwise the healer would just eject them from the heal and continue)

Would have to look at the wording for regular healing.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I would say a simple yes, once you strike the healer the healing ends. I don't think anywhere in the book does it say or even imply that you can be interrupted from having a skill performed on you only skills performed or held by you. Of Course if you go into negatives then the healing skill no longer works and the heler would have to start surgery or first aid.

If you're standing protecting a casting mage that is casting a spell on you the spell does not stop if you are hit, only if the mage is hit unless specified in the spell description.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

The answer to this one should be in the book.

So I remember... Hitting somone disrupts the individual. Hitting a person being healed disrupts that person from receiving healing so if in a circle that person is outted, and if being healed 1 on 1 disrupting that one person effectivly disrupts the healer as well.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Healing
This skill may only be used on targets that have greater than or equal to zero life. It takes 2
uninterrupted minutes to heal half of the damage, rounded down, which was inflicted upon an
individual. For example, if a character is five life points below their maximum total, it would
take the healer two minutes to heal two of that character’s life points (half of five rounded
down). If healing is stopped after that time and later resumed on the same character, in two
minutes only an additional one point can be healed (half of three rounded down). The healer may
choose to spend 4 uninterrupted minutes to heal a target back to their maximum life point total.
This skill is restricted to medium armor.

Mass Heal
This skill allows the Healer to heal up to three targets at one time. The targets cannot move or
use any other skill, but they can talk
. All individuals being healed must be within arms reach of
the Healer, and must have a positive life point total. It takes 2 uninterrupted minutes to heal half
of the damage each target has sustained (rounded down) and 4 uninterrupted minutes to heal the
targets up to their maximum life point total. If one or more targets leave the group of their own
accord or are attacked, it does not disrupt the healer performing the Mass Heal, but it does
remove that target from the effects of the Mass Heal instantly. This skill is restricted to medium
armor.

The italicized portion combined with the fact that Healing has no such wording in it would logically suggest that it does not work like that.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Yup, what Erik said.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

yeah, after getting my new work computer up and adobe installed I did note the same thing that healing would not be stopped. Now when the 2 minutes are up would they heal half of the original or half of the current?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.