Political Questions

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

They would only be outbid on a route that a large org really wanted, since the larger org has many things to spend points on where the small will only have one or two. So points per route will be close to the same. If an org has lots of points to spare, they probably aren't be as productive as they need to be to survive, in which case neither a small or large org can stop them. The bidding thing exists now, it's just that bidding wars are expensive and don't gain either side much so it's easier to just trade.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

here's the thing you have only so many points(100 pts or less)...you try for 2 smaller routes (even though you can get 3) because you want to be sure to secure them....

A large org could still steal both routes and SQUASH the smaller org just for revenge....points spent...no resources....starving the little org forcing them to go begging/forcing them join a larger org and/or recruit more people.

Is that the way it's supposed to be??
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Yep. As Eric said though, it really doesnt benefit a large org to do so. It makes them less effecient and more vulnerable. In the current system, the small orgs only choice if the did get their route stolen would be to look for a new route. In the new system, they would have the option of maybe making a commodity or openning up a black market or maybe even shooting to try to get some military points to take their route back by force. Many more options. Also, in this proposed system, a small organization has access to market places so they could concentrate on a single production source and increase its productivity instead of needing to find more routes. All in all, I think the proposed system is much better for small orgs than the current system.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

As for a large group stealing routes, I'm sure that it doesn't just happen. The current system, I believe requires a group to outspend the holders of the route for two events in a row. So your small group would know what's going on well before it happened. Ideally, if a group (large or small) is trying to steal your routes, you threaten to steal/destroy theirs. More than likely, trying to steal a route means theirs aren't guarded well. If you take out one key resource (food/cloth/supplies), a large group will tumble much faster than a small one.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

thank you for taking the tme to clear that up for me....

I do not enjoy politics.....it's just soooooooo

Political...
I just know what my character believes in and she will to hold to that more than anything else....cause RPing is why I come to FH
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Alot has been said so I will add that I am talking on the GM board about improvements and routes to make them a little more believable and dynamic than they currently are.

Forexample we have 3 tiers of resources the higher tiers produce more than the lower tiers...but why? What is the story behind that?

We also have structures that can increase the output while increasing the support needed. Now what happens if we mised things up so things were not as static. For example, you have a tier 1 production source of food. Basically there are a bunch of people producing a lot of food on fertile well irrigated land. Basically there is litttle you can do to up the production so the current system works well.

Now lets say we have a tier 3 food production source that is mainly swamp land. Maybe a more expensive improvement is to drain the swamp and turn it into farm land. Doing so might increase the yield by 100%, with maybe not a 100% increase in support. Basically attach alot more why to things and give more creative RP flexability on these things. This gives a small guild the chance to get into the game and as they grow they grow the production source.

Oh and let me say again what Wayne said. Even with trade routes gone there is still a need for commodities. Can you imagine being the only guild that makes a commodity. You could sell those babies for alot of resources that you need!
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Chris, I like the idea of production source modification +% being based on tier. Sorta like buying a fixer house(low tier/support cost) vs. a completely done one (high tier/support cost). You can put a lot into the cheaper house and get much more from it (percent wise), while it's harder to get more from the pre-done one.

Why am I reminded of Civilization and the upgrades you can do to your surrounding lands? (not that I'm complaining as it was a great game back in the day) :D