Tsunitaur anatomy

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Tsunitaur anatomy

Post by Malphus »

Any there any set parameters on appearance of tsunitaur horns other than they need be under 3 inches or whatever? I'm not sure if there are enough tsunis to warrant a convention on this...and is there any structural difference between Klatu and Pivo that anyone know about?
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

also has anyone tried the hooves thing and how? Was it successful?
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

There are slight difference's, but this is more a matter of breeding like to like, then any typical deviation, so the lines are somewhat blurred.

Klatu are generaly slightly larger, and thicker of build. This matches there sometimes brutish outlook on life. This is refected also in their Horns, being thicker and more pronounced.
Pivo are generally more slender, with a more graceful appearance and dimeanor. This is also reflected in the Horns, being either smaller, or at least more delicate looking.
Of those born with Cloven Hooves most are Klatu, with only a few exceptions among the Pivo.

As for effective 'Hooves' I made 2 sets (both of which were ruined by animals getting into the garage).
The first set which were uncomfortable to me, and not very easy to wear, were built on a set of large womens boots with heels. I used faux-fur, and 3-m spray on adhesive leaving the toe of the boot expossed, and covering the rest with the fur. The large heel I left black, and from a distance they looked really good. Up close you could see the heel, but then again up-close you can see that elf ears are fake too, so I dont think its too big of a deal.
Looks; Great
Function; Sucked!
The second set I went a different tact and used a pair of those big furry boots that people used to wear. I shaved the toe section, and hot glued a metal 'hoof' to it. The look of this one wasn't as good, as it didnt lifet the heel, so it really just looked like furry boots with a toe cap. They were however MUCH more comfortable. I think with a little more work I could have made them look a bit better, but alass the cats turned them into a 'potty' before I had the oportunity to play with them.
Looks; Fair
Function; Good

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more.

~the Lunatic fringe~
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Todd where did this info come from??!!??

I used to have a link to a LARPer in Europe who had a nice how-to make them out of PVC. I can't find it though. I will try and search it today.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Which info? The Klatu/Pivo details?

Easy. I created them. :) Wayne and Trevor have been hard at work on updating the worldbook, so alot of this information will eventually make it in there. Most of the details, have just been sitting around waiting for someone to actually ask. The Tsuno's histories are cloaked in mystery (even in the race discription) so until someone tries to unravel them most of it will be vague at best.

~the Lunatic fringe~
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

Todd,

Just wanted to revisit this thread. Was the intention for Tsunotaurs to be Minotaur-esqe in their facial appearance, i.e. bull headed with fur, etc. or have a more fawn/ satyr like appearance. Or alternatively, is the Klatu supposed to look like a Minotaur and the Pivo like a satyr? Or do they both look like one or the other?

Ever inquisitive,
Steve
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

As an aside, I found the following advice on Pagga.net about legs:

"To get the 'bent-back' look you really need to pad the front of the thigh - narrow at the top going to alot thicker just infront of the knee. Then you also need to pad the back of the calf - wide at the back of the knee and narrowing down to just above the back of the ankle. This gives the correct profile to a normally straight human leg! ::)

It looks correct when you walk too."
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

Pivo and Klatu

Hopefully I'll finish it up along with some other races... *crosses fingers* So many projects to do!
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Very Nice Art!
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Throwin' up the horns!

Post by Torakhan »

Heh.. did that a while back... did up some sketches of the other races but nothing that was "finished" enough... *le sigh* I think I threw them around a little bit at the time, but again... never finished 'em.
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I aw the Ga'vin one you did and I thought it was perfect.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Ga'vin

Post by Torakhan »

WayneO42 wrote:I aw the Ga'vin one you did and I thought it was perfect.
I'd still like to see Ga'vin players come in with gray Freddy Kruger-ish masks... ;) That's probably just me though.