sage questions

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

sage questions

Post by Soren »

I was reading the Augment skil. The part I was looking at reads:

This skill allows the Sage to Augment a single
skill that the target posseses. Augment can
only be applied to a single skill that the target
already has. The Sage may target themselves
with this skill. The Augment skill counts as an empirical enhancement and takes 5 minutes to
complete. See page 87 for more information on Enchantments. The effects of this enhancement
are determined by the skill and are listed below:

My question is this: Can the skill be used on multiple targets simultaneously or one target at a time?

Steve
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

another

Post by Soren »

Mimic skill:

With this skill the Sage may mimic ANY first level Discipline or Path except for wilderness
survival, Alchemy, and Arcane. It takes 15 minutes to receive the skill, but the skill lasts until the
Sage mimics a different skill. Any armor restrictions of the mimicked skill still apply.

Although it doesn't say it, I assume you need to witness the skill being used? Is that true?

Steve
WayneO42
GM

Re: sage questions

Post by WayneO42 »

Can the skill be used on multiple targets simultaneously or one target at a time?
No. One person at a time
Although it doesn't say it, I assume you need to witness the skill being used? Is that true?
It is good role-playing practice to see the skill first before mimicing it. The book doesnt say explicitly that you have to so technically you can mimic any of the appropriate level skills that are In The Book.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

I wasn't coming from a place of cheeseweaseling my way into HIDDEN disciplines. I was just thinking of a scenario like this:

I get into a situation where I want to repair my armor. Having seen someone repair armor at some point, can I just spend the 15 minutes and POOF use the skill or do I need to witness someone using the ability immediately before spending the 15 minutes. i.e. is there a time window? Seems like there shouldn't be...with Master Sages having Recall and all...snicker, snicker.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

If you've seen it done in the past then you can spend the 15 to mimic it.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

thanks wayn-o.

muhahahaa