amnesia

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Lady
Town Member
Town Member

amnesia

Post by Lady »

I need a rule clarification. I need to know if someone is resurrected do they suffer amnesia. If they do is it the same tip of amnesia someone could get from the potion. Well for that mater how many different kinds of amnesia would you say there are?
Last edited by Lady on Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

When you die and are brought back you do not know how you died. Basically you loose about a day. No you cannot get it back with a potion.

Now if you are talking about a certain plot I will clarify. You cannot solve a plot by ganking a person and then when that doesn't turn out, you rez the person and act like it is no big deal. There are consequencies.

I undeastand that mechanically it seems like nothing more than a roll of a die, but kiling a person is a HUGE HUGE deal. It is wrong.

In the plots case he forgot everything, thus he will no longer be a solution. Infact the choices made in that plot made things worse.

I am only explainging this because we as GM's may not have always done the best on certain things, but I assure you the plots will take on a whole new meaning of real. You will start to see more reactions from the populas to bring about cooler RP expierences.

Sorry no spell check. :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The "Amnesia" potion does not work that way BTW. It has a different effect. If you have the potion and need clarification, PM me.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Since when did we start losing a day? I distinctly remember that the whole forgeting that was/is part of carps being removed from FH and the "there is no metagaming" rule being a major part of that. Having to forget only makes the victim weasel a way to figure out how to get their memories back (ie yeah, you were killed and this is what happened as we were all there).

The only times I recall here ever being loss of memory during the time when your character is knocked out, slept, or killed, and i/when you are perm dead and rewrite as the same character, in which case you have no memories of anything.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Again, Im with Ried.

Man this is getting scary.

~the Lunatic fringe~
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

Todd,

If I were you, I...
never mind, there is no good end to this sentence. Just stop agreeing with Eric.

Steve
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Ok so let me get this right….as far as amnesia goes when a person is resurrected it is more like a time laps not amnesia. The other kind of amnesia can be gained by drinking a potion or through getting hit in the head kind of thing. So far it looks like there are 3 different tips of amnesia.

1. Resurrected
2. Potion
3. Natural Amnesia

I that right?
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Well, only #3 is really amnesia. As I stated above, the potion doesnt really work that way. Its name is sort of a misnomer. The reserrection thing is more like a time laps. Things are fuzzy kinda thing. It actually doesnt say anywhere in the book that you loose your memory if you are reserected. That was just an old school ruling and we really havent been doing it unless there is a plot reason.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

thank you for pointing that out to me once more....I got it now.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)