Spy

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Spy

Post by General Maximus »

Can negative allegence be tracked by any skill in game? Can one research into who slanders one orginization with the sage research ability? can you track negative allegence with level 1 spy?

If negative allgenece can be tracked, it is a death sentence for the 4th level spy when they use their slander skill. I believe you should only be able to find out a spy by ingame means, aka roleplaying, torture, etc...
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

A Sage cannot gain this information, though a Spy can thru the first level skill Track Allegiance.

As always you need to know who to track and it takes a loong time to do so. There may or may not be other mitigating details.

And as far as a death sentance goes... If your going to slander someone, make sure you can back it up. ;)

~the Lunatic fringe~
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Lets be honest

If you have a 600 point org and another org has 600 points and the next event you lost 600 points wow I think you would be able to figure out who did it.

Our game allows for PvP. This is a type of PvP. Everyone always knows who commits PvP. PvP could get you killed. It could lead to people leaving the game. It could lead to endless reprisles.

It could also lead to some interesting RP, more indepth story, and alot more drama.

It is alot like real life. Before you deide to screw a bunch of people know that they might bite back.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

GM_Chris wrote:If you have a 600 point org and another org has 600 points and the next event you lost 600 points wow I think you would be able to figure out who did it.
Um, that guild would have to all be master spies to levy a -600 point slander as it is only personal allegiance that the spy can use to slander. (Just pointing it out)
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

We just changed it to total allegiance that the spy can use.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Wow, that one flew totally under the radar. Never even saw any 'New post here' bubbles on my forums... So, I stand corrected.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

That happens to me from time to time :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Now can the spy split this negative allegience?
If not could this be added as a combo between spy and beauracrat possibly?

Basically, -200 allegience (if you were head of a large org) is pretty useless as the targeted group would know exactly who did it, as pointed out by Chris, unless you could back it up and crush them physically anyway. Real spies would whittle them down (attrition), and a spy in charge of a large group should be able to whittle down quite a few groups with that much power at their finger tips.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

They cannot split the allegiance to Slander multiple targets, but the do not have to spen dALL of there points either. It can be done in any ammount, but only at one target.

~the Lunatic fringe~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

So basically being a house/guild leader isn't real that big of a bonus since you can't use it. eh...

Sad, Split Allegience would be a very cool skill now.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Ironic isnt it. ;)

Its still cool, it means a small guild with a spy can seriously hinder the big guys.

It also means the big guys can vertually destroy the little guys.

Is it a smart move? Depends on how good you backup plan is. :D

~the Lunatic fringe~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Course if the small guys do something like that, the big guys will know and crush them physically and/or economically. Having a large pool is a weapon that anyone can have but no one can use.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

I disagree, but time will tell.

~the Lunatic fringe~
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

I know this may be a silly question, but does a Spy get his normal Support points to spend as well as Negative support points from Slander?

Otherwise being head of an Org and using all those negative support points could destroy your own org as well.. I have always been curious about that...
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Yes, spy gets normal support points