Carapace

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

Carapace shouldn't be good for a warrior. Though a warrior who has no armor (shattered or stolen or whatever) would want it.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

It wouldn't be with the single change I proposed. The point is that the utilize and carapace are similar skills much more than field repair...
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

The time thing is something we'll look at, but for the record it was never intended to be used with 'utilize armor'. Not sure how that slipped through. Unless it was changed without my knowledge 'Imbue' only allows the casting on one target. (why focus circle is not allowed) therefor your looking at 10 min for self, 15 for other. And the sacrifice of a beetle. Unless the Arcane is carrying around a sack full of beetles he wont be casting it that often. (it hasnt been stated, but I think common Arcane components would follow similar rules as Potion components as far as collection goes) this would add a bit more time. The spell 'material' allows for the changing of 'some' items used for arcane spells, but these are inanimate items only, not organic (such as a living beetle).

We can increase the time if neccessary, or we could reduce the total by saying 'You recieve 6 armor points, but are concidered to be wearing Heavy armor for rules of incumberance'. I would actully prefer the second option to raising the time.

Since Sage was brought up, I would like to hear (in a different thread of course) some ideas on how to improve the Sage, mostly in regaurds of making himself cooler, rather than the 'buff every-one' type. Any Ideas?

~fin~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I think sage is pretty cool as is. Honestly, who else gets hints solving plots, research between events, can speak every known language? Why should he get combat bonuses? (btw, I thought we weren't changing rules for the year?)

As for why the spell was changed (it was changed during the trade) is, at the time, we asked questions since the description was pretty vague. Decisions were made quickly and we knew we'd figure it out later.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

I think the sage is great as is. They have been exceedingly useful in every event, and in my opinion have had the greatest between event impact. Because of the nature of their abilities they might not overtly shine as much, but they contributed to the survival of the town as much as everyone else.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

You are correct, we are not changing rules, but its nice to have ideas tossed around incase a gem surfaces. If a rule change occurs (unless in an emergency cheese situation) it will be in the off-season.

My thoughts are leaning to, and others have mentioned, that...
yes the Sage is strong between events (via research), and they can do puzzles etc. (via Hints), but in the short term they fall behind. Its almost as if they exist only to assist the other Characters (Paths), they give info others can use, they give buffs others can use. I was just thinking that maybe we could come up with something that they could do to help themselves, more than others.

We may not end up changing anything, but it would be nice to bat some ideas around.

~fin~
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Rules

Post by Nelkie »

Ok the walking rule book hear.

The latest relese for Imbue is it takes 3 minutes to cast Imbue. The way it works the arcane cast Imbue on themselves along with a spell than instantly transfers the spell to another person. So currently it would take 13 minutes for an arcane to cast Carpace on each person.
Please let me know if Imbue has been changed to 5 minutes instead of 3 minutes.

Seocund, it is my understanding a sage can grant all 3 abilites in one 15 minute speak. So if you listen to a master sage for 15 minutes you can get armor/life bonus, 1 resist, and 5 damage swing.
Please let me know if this has changed also.

I feel a casting time of 13 minutes per person for 9 points of heavy armor which does not protect against nerve pinch is not that broken. to power up an entire guild it would take at least 1 hour, and noby could use there special abilites. This spell is preplanned, and does not work very well on the fly.
My Thoughts

Aaron