Armor Questions

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Armor Questions

Post by Nelkie »

I just got done ready the new rules and have 3 questions.

1. What are the times to repair armor? Can you repair armor to full if you spend resources to repair it? If so how many resources are required?

2. As I understand you only can build armor and weapons in game. So a 2nd level craftsman would take 55 hours to create a heavy suit of armor. To make an item enchantable do one add the time into the overall time to make the item? What is the time break down if I only want to make a chest plate? Currently if I'm a 4th level smith I can make weapons for no resources. Is this correct?

Craftsman – privileged, common, savage
The craftsman is an expert in his field and refined in his polish and ability. He is capable of works of great beauty and strength, and with the right materials can work amazing results.
Level 1: Repair
Craftsman may field repair armor to half it’s current maximum value (rounded down). Each time this is done, the maximum value drops to that amount. Armor may never go below 1 point, however.
Level 2: Make basic items
Make basic items Armor/weapons 3 hrs per location (enchantable One Shot)
Level 3: Make advanced Items.
Make advanced items armor/weapons 2 hrs per location (enchantable Charged)
Level 4: Make master work items.
Make quality armor that gives +1 armor per location. Make master items armor/weapons 1 hr per location. (enchantable Permanent)

Times in hours (resources in units)
Level of Craftsman Heavy Armor Medium Armor Light Armor Large Weapons Medium Weapons Small Weapons
2 60 (*) 55 (*) 50 (*) 45 (6) 40 (4) 35 (2)
3 40 (*) 35 (*) 30 (*) 30 (6) 25 (4) 20 (2)
4 20 (*) 15 (*) 10 (*) 15 10 5
*see chart below for required resources for specific armor locations (See armor section on page 57 for armor points)

Required Resources for Specific Armor Locations
Breastplate Legs Arms Head
10 10 6 4

3. In the book it says the svage life styl requires less resources to survive. No where in the book does it say's what the savages resource requirements are. What are they?
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Good catch will make sure these questions are answered tonight.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

More Armor questions :)

Post by Lao »

Shields
1) A shield increases your armor category by 1. Thus if you are wearing light armor but are carrying a shield, you care considered to be wearing medium armor. The exception to this rule is that a buckler does not increase your armor category

So does this mean that if I am wearing a suit of light armor (all 3 locations giving me 3pts total) and I then start using a shield I am then considered to be in medium armor (thus giving me 6pts of armor 3 locations at 2pts per location instead of 1) OR is this just in reference to using skills that are restricted by the armor worn?

I know this question is kinda vague but I can seem to think of a better way to phrase it.

Alright long as im on shields I have another question. A character starts with 15 "resource points". A shield costs 1 pt, but it does not clarify what type of shield. Is this based upon the lifestyle taken (savage = the 5pt to destroy one, common = the 10 pt to destroy one, privilaged = the 15pt to destroy one) or can you just take whichever one you want?

Can a shield be repaired if it gets destroyed? If so how (as far as time and resources I would assume it would be a craftsman that would do it)?

It says colored tape is used to denote the type of shield. Will the tape be provided for newbies (I dont really want to go buy 3 new roles of tape just for a shield)? It also says the tape goes on the back of the shield, Im thinking back would mean the same side of the shield as I am on if using the shield. If this is the case, how does the person im fighting tell what type of shield I have and dosent that kinda negate the whole point of the tape?

Sorry,
Evan
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Is anyone using tape to denote shield type? I prefer mine colored to match the character.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Interesting about the tape..Dont worry about it.

As for the medium armor question it referres to the catagory you are in for skill usage.

Using a shield does NOT give you more armor points.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them