2 questions and a comment...

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

2 questions and a comment...

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Missile Avoidance (birds, rabbits, etc) Druids are immune to damage from ranged attacks delivered to the front of their body. The druid takes
no damage from attacks delivered by arrows, thrown weapons, or packets as long as the damage call contains "Vorpal", "Crush", or is simply a number such as "1". For example: The druid would be immune to a call of "1" from a thrown dagger as well as the call "1 crush", and the call "1 Magic Crush". The druid would not be immune to "1 magic"
Sooo...the druid can dodge a rock thrown by a grenedier, UNLESS he "magics" the rock because then it becomes a HOMING rock? Not seeing how the magic damage makes the rock hit something that it used to not be able to hit.

Change Size restrictions to;
Thrown 6 to 12 (must be made entirely of open cell foam)
Tiny 12 to 18
Short 20 to 36
Long 39 to 49
Hand and a ½ 50 to 69
Two handed 70 to 79 (Must be made with a sturdy 'approved' core)
Are these OVERALL measurements I assume?

Identify Magic Items
The Sage can spend time studying a magic item to learn its properties and how to use it. The amount of time required is dependent upon the complexity of the item being researched and will be listed upon the item tag.
WOW, its about time. Nice add fellas!
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Magic is ookie. Where was this question with the monk? It's the same skill.

Yes to question 2
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Magic is ookie.

Yes magic is "ookie" but the magic used on the weapons alters the manner damage is applied, it does NOT confer smart bomb, infra -red, radar -guided, homing technology...thats my gripe. If it did id use it on my sword and never miss...

Where was this question with the monk? It's the same skill.
If its the same skill ... I have the same gripe. I must have just missed that description.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I believe our original rationale had nothing to do with rocks or arrows or pea shooters, but rather the Empath's Channel or something similar by the arcane, something not adequately phys repped by a small spell packet. We didn't want monks or druids avoiding big balls of energy when hit with them.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Re: 2 questions and a comment...

Post by dier_cire »

Wyrmwrath wrote:Sooo...the druid can dodge a rock thrown by a grenedier, UNLESS he "magics" the rock because then it becomes a HOMING rock? Not seeing how the magic damage makes the rock hit something that it used to not be able to hit.
Maybe the rock isn't actually a rock then. Maybe when it is charged it becomes just a really small channel. Since there's no specifics in the game about what the effect of a skill is, there's lots of reasons and all based on the player's interreptation...
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Oh come on guys... Everyone knows 'magic missle' never misses. :lol: I... I attack the darkness!

The way I picture it is that the monks deflect the arrows out of the air with Zen like strikes and when they smack the magic ones they get zotted, burned, etc.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

I am gone to say this NOT happy with the changes to the Druid at all! that is my only state so far.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Okay, your entitled to think that. Why?
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

why because you took a class that was abile to keep itself up without to much outside help. Forcing them to have to work with in a group. You took out one of the only counter to suggestion, and made it a fighter subclass, which was pretty lame. Now you are rammed with what chance for a totem. hmm combat reflexes... yeah like we need a 4 lvl power to add more combat reflex's. So I can make uber fighter..... let no make than a monk but a higher cost.... weeeeee.. oh you can heal yeah.... hmm oh I am sorry your movement rest. is now a 4th lvl.. But as a gift we are giving you teh power to resist poison....wow.....all in all you muchkinned the hell out of the druid. that is my only reply to this change. if you have other ask me with a Pm. the other statments will and have got me in trouble before.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

How was druid able to upkeep itself? Sure, if it was combined with a bunch of other skills, but druid was hardly the only link in that combo.

Other than that, I see they lost a few of their emulates, but they were all combat oriented anyway. The only real effective change I see is that got rid of wilderness survival for scout (as you could pretend resist poison is your emulate and no movement restriction is still second). Which while this change is signifigant for the single build of being self supportive, it's is pretty insignifigant otherwise. Perhaps the GMs didn't want anyone to be self supportive?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

It had nothing to do with not wanting people to be self-supportive. It had to do with 3 constant gripes throughout the year.

1. Scout should be in a Savage Discipline

2. Resist Poison should be in some discipline somewhere.

3. The fourth level totems are not balanced with each other

The changes we made to druid are attempts to address these things. WIlderness survival still exists in the savage discipline. Diplomat gives you resources as well. We may add another discipline that gives you resources but is still under debate. I've already heard both sides--some really like the changes, some do not. That probably means we are on the right track :roll:
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

any reasoning behind taking away the mind effects totem?
Travis Cole
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Resist Mind effects is currently a fourth level skill under chieftain. Because we changed druid to a mimic, we couldn't give them access to five fourth level disciplines. That would be way too powerful, and so we made them third level abilities (and threw in no movement restrictions because it is situational and could be very useful). The druid's fourth level power then is Mimic and they basically get access to five third level skills (including their own) and two seconds (including their own). I personally think that's pretty good.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

If a dwarf is a druid, do they get any special bonus when resisting posion? Do they become immune? (that would be cool and a great way to counter the assasin) I personal like the changes to druid and can go either way of them having scout or wilderness survial.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I can see that reasoning.

I can't wait to see how it plays out.
Travis Cole