2 questions and a comment...

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Currently there is no bonus to having resist poison twice.

~the Lunatic fringe~
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

nor having disguise twice or wilderness survival twice...
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Maybe the rock isn't actually a rock then. Maybe when it is charged it becomes just a really small channel. Since there's no specifics in the game about what the effect of a skill is, there's lots of reasons and all based on the player's interreptation...
The way I picture it is that the monks deflect the arrows out of the air with Zen like strikes and when they smack the magic ones they get zotted, burned, etc.
Sooo...by this logic...when I magic my weapon it becomes...uhm...a "channel saber" and anyone that actualy parries it "gets zotted, burned, etc" since channels "surge".

My only gripe is that adding the magic to a rock/arrow/spit wad doesnt just change the way damage is applied..like it does in every other case, it now nullifies somones discipline...

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

2 damage hardly nullifies a discipline... (arrows would still have vorpal and thus be parriable).

And no a magic weapon wouldn't surge, nor would the rock, as the rules affecting them don't change. However, the sword could have the effect of a channel saber. The rules and the way your effect looks have nothing to do with each other as long as one doesn't break the other. Looking like a channel and being one are two different things. As long as you don't try to tell others it does surge (thereby cheating), then it doesn't matter what it looks like.

Look at Magic Root for an example. Does it summon vines? Does it mystically hold you there? Do little furry critters come out and drop feces all around that you don't want on your boots? It doesn't matter.

How about Press? Shouldn't an Orc or Tsunotaur be able to press harder than a guthrie or an elf? Maybe the elf's press is actually a psychic blast and the guthrie farts in you general direction making you step back from the stench.

Point is, the effect is isolated from the rules. Therefore, you are allowed to be creative in your effects.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

uhm eric i think you missed half the post...i was being sarcastic to prove a point....i was implying that a MAGIC rock nullifies the skill not the 2 damage...

and I KNOW the magic sword doesnt surge...I was pointing out an inconsistancy in the rules uses...*slaps Eric a bit ta wake him up and hands him a cofee*

GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Eric just meant that in our game, the most a magic rock could do is 2. Aftter that, it becomes magic crush and can be resisted by the monk.