Interogator Suggestions

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

The issue with implant suggestion was raised when detect lie got axed, and the GM staff said they would look it over in the off season. I spoke up to keep detect lie and would make the same arguments to keep implant suggestion. Detect lie went away for 2 reasons 1) because it was deemed only useful (as intended by the rules) in PC/NPC interaction, and the cheese factor potential with PC/PC made it quite limited, and 2) the pseudo game-stop that needed to occur when detect lie was used was cumbersome. At this point I could go either way on implant suggestion.

The staff was also going to kick around level 2 interrogator as the +2 knockout was put in as a quick fix.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Do you have any suggestions for the lvl 2 spot?

~the Lunatic fringe~
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

I remember resist poison and self-awaken were two things under discussion, but that was a long time ago. I don't think the knockout is bad, I just mentioned it as that was one of the off-season things I remembered was going to be looked at.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

I liked 'Awaken' back when it was in the Healer set.

Does 'Awaken self' seem like a desirable 2nd lvl skill whenyou look at the whole set?

lvl 1; Inescapable Bonds
lvl 2; Awaken Self
lvl 3; Interogate
lvl 4; Plant Suggestion

I think Plant suggestion is a solid lvl 4 skill but that it needs to be outlined.
You can implant suggestion X.
The Trigger is restricted to the following;
Time
The Action is restricted to the following;
Deliver a Message.
Perform an Action.
etc.
The receiver of the Suggestion must act to the best of there ability to complete said action.

If people try and be cheesy about it.. well there are some things that are unavoidable. Cheesy people acting cheesy is one of them.

~the Lunatic fringe~
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Awaken is too potent to be a level 2 skill. It should be a 4th as it is a counter to 3 master level abilities; two a path (Magic sleep/ empath, Knockout/ rogue) and one another discipline (Sleep/ Assassin).
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Well its just a suggestion at this point, so there are ways to iron out the kinks. A cost hasnt been mentioned yet, and I also think there is a difference between 'Resisting', and 'Awakening' but that would have to be outlined as well.

Is there a way to make it work at level 2?

~the Lunatic fringe~
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Yep, I realize it's just discussion at this point.

I agree, but self-awaken is actually better than a resist because you don't need to use it the instant your hit with sleep or knockout rather doing it whenever you want. I might see awaken someone else as a level 2 ability, but I don't think that's what you're going for.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

I agree with everything said. If self-awaken went in at second level it should probably cost 3LP. Those things came up as folks were brainstorming about what might make sense for a discipline that knows the inner workings of the mind. Someone like that might be able to overcome sleep, resist the effects of poison, etc. The other thoughts on this involved synergy as interrogator is already unique in that one of the skills is tied to a path (healer/toture)-not required but substantially enhanced. Since awaken and healing poison are healer skills...
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Self awaken is far too powerful for any cost at level 2. I'd take it in a heart beat. I wouldn't need resist sleep anymore and the cost of resist sleep pays for self awaken. So I'd suddenly gain the ability to resist not only sleep but also knockout (which is currently unresistable except by paladin which is a broken discipline anyway). Currently, knockout is _the_ skill in a 2 rogue vs. 1 warrior combat.

I still think we need a resist poison (though it's a high 2, low 3 skill).
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

I wouldnt mind seeing a resist poison show up in a Discipline, I just dot think its right for This Discipline.

What else do we have?

~the Lunatic fringe~
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I agree, resist poison should be in something other than dwarf racial.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

What about a 'delay damage' type skill?
Something like ...

Calmness
lvl 2
As a master of the mind the Interogator knows how to calm himself under stressfull, and even life threatening, situations. For the cost of one LP the Interogator may temporarily ignore the damage from one attack. This lasts for the diration of Combat. Once the Combat is over the player must immediately take the effects of the damage called.
Note, only Damaging effects may be ignored. Root, Fear, etc must be taken.

or something like that?

~the Lunatic fringe~
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

May still be too powerful for a level 2, but I just pulled it out of my @ss.

~the Lunatic fringe~
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Todd wrote:Calmness
lvl 2
As a master of the mind the Interogator knows how to calm himself under stressfull, and even life threatening, situations. For the cost of one LP the Interogator may temporarily ignore the damage from one attack. This lasts for the diration of Combat. Once the Combat is over the player must immediately take the effects of the damage called.
Note, only Damaging effects may be ignored. Root, Fear, etc must be taken.
1) Awesome idea!
2) WAAAAY Too powerful. Maybe as a 4th lvl or better yet as a Hero Point ability. reworked a little:

Heroic Stamina

By spending 1 HP you may ignore the effects of any 1 damage call (call that involves a number, ie 30 magic, 2, 4 crush, etc) for 5 minutes. After that 5 minutes has passed you take double the ignored damage with any modifiers (it is now 60 magic, 4, 8 crush etc) and it cannot be resisted, immune, or circumvented in anyway accept spending another 1 HP to further ignore the call for 5 more minutes. If the damage has been ignored a second time then at the end of the second 5 minutes you take 4 time the original damage (120 magic, 8, 16 crush). Any damage taken after you have ignored 1 call is taken normal as if the ignored call never happened. You ignore as many calls as you have HP to spend, however normal multipliers still apply. It is recommended that you attempt to show that you have taken the damage, through role playing, but have found a reason to push past it.

Now I say this thinking what kind of cool heroics this could lead to. I realize that this could really bite the PCs in the ass, if we run into NPC villians with HP. Then again I have no idea how many NPCs have HP. Its pretty powerful but pretty hardcore in the end.

I am imagining a PC out scouting alone, he runs into an advanced party and gets shot by the arrow of an archer. He runs back to town. "There in the woods. GAAAH!" He falls down with an arrow still sticking out of his back.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Not real keen on the delay damage thing but it's a neat idea. I'd lose the 5 minutes and change it to duration of combat though and limit it to just one use as you can't count time and fight at the same time (at least not accurately). Granted, I'd think just a complete ignore effect would be more on the hero point level. I could envision a uber hold ground for a hero point allowing you to move but at the end you fall to -30 or something ridiculous.

As for resist poison, I'm in full agreement that it needs to be a resist. Especially since the dwarven one isn't even a real resist (all other resists resist the full effect).
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.