New Critical Strike

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Could have sworn that a min time was placed on the time reduction skills (I know it was mentioned)... Apparently not. Min time of 2 would be nice there (so as to make it one or the other, not both). Maybe a general rule of you can only lower your time by half rounding the the final result down?

Curved Blade should be ok unless there is another skill / itme that can increase critical strike damage. It'd be at 14, just below heavy shield destruction, which is perfect.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

What about a rouge with ambedexterity and two balanced blades?

The blades would reduce the time by six seconds, and the call is only five. Now the rouge can swing two daggers for four damage with no count!

Also with second level Assassin the call is increased by three damage to seven damage.

Of course this isn't cheap, but it is definately possible to have a character walking around swinging seven.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Ouch. That seems kind of overpowered.

I don't really think the cost of the Balanced Blades really makes up for that.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

We saw that and will make some sort of adjustment. Probably something along the lines of it not being a set number but variable based on the time.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

why would dual wielding balanced blades give a benefit twice? You aren't attacking with both...

By that same logic, could you use multiple Codexes or Healer Kits? :roll:
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.