Interogator Suggestions

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

Everyone knows that I am relatively new to the game, and have no stake in the Interrogator discipline, but I feel I should throw my 2 cents in.

The Interrogator is a broad discipline that covers a variety of types of extraction of information. For some that is physical torture, for others that is mental torture or any given combination. By making taunt/resist taunt part of the cycle, it embeds the discipline in the psych aspect. If that is the way "we" want things to go, then gravy. However, I thought I should throw that out there.

Thanks,
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Well really its all in how you play it out. I can see all of these falling under either catagory. I'll do both, the first is 'Physical', the second is 'Psychological'.

lvl 1; Inescapable Bonds; By knowing what hurts the most the Interigator can tie the bonds to but pressure on in ways that make physical movement painful beyond beilief.
lvl 2; Taunt/Resist Taunt; Through his knowledge of the body, the interigator may make thrusting jabs, and cuts in seemigly inoccuous locations so as to anger and enflame the enemy into fighting. In addition thru this knowledge he has steeled his body to ignore such wounds.
lvl 3; Interogate; Through Physical intimidation and torture they may force the victem to divulge information.
lvl 4; Plant Suggestion; Through repeated torture and mutilation they may breakdown there victems. Through the overwelming intense pain the can make them question even there own thoughts.

lvl 1; Inescapable Bonds; Through his knowledge of the psyche the interigator may aply simple bonds, but thru manipulation of the victems though processes convince him that any such thoughts of escape are futile.
lvl 2; Taunt/Resist Taunt; Using the targets emotions against him allows the interogator to get under there skin. Likewise through his mental supperiority he knows that he is above such petty mudslinging.
lvl 3; Interogate; Through suggestion and manipulation the interogator can convince his victems to confide in him things that they ordinarily would not.
lvl 4; Plant Suggestion; Once gaining the confidence of his victems ha can further persuade and twist there thoughts until they themselves will question there very thinking. The Interogator can even persude the victem to act in ways he ordinarily may not.

Its all in perspective.

~the Lunatic fringe~
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

Todd,

I don't buy your arguement for taunt from a "physical" interrogator. I hear what you are saying and it is a well constructed arguement. I just feel that TAUNT the way it is written is a skill that allows you to force someone to attack you. Does the interrogator just slap a person until they decide to fight? Again, I just don't buy it...then again, I don't have to.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

taunt

Post by General Maximus »

It is my understanding with taunt, you only have to attack the person who has taunted you. It does not mean you run head long into battle with the person who has taunted you. Is this correct? taunting some one only means the taunted person will attack the taunter. It is up to the person being taunted how they roleplay out the taunt. Some people rush into battle, others sit and wait for the right moment to attack, etc..
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

The target must direct all actions towards the Swashbuckler until the
target is struck by another character (Damage does not have to be
dealt), the Swashbuckler dies, the Swashbuckler turns their back, or
the Swashbuckler leaves the line of sight of the target.

This seems to imply an empath could even boom you while he was taunted.

One minor gripe: I clippped that out of the description of taunt. It needs to be changed. Because technically, according the definition of the effect, taunt only works for swashbuckers....
Travis Cole