Sages

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Sages

Post by Ian_McAllister »

I know this has been brought up before, but I was curious about something.

The Sages have an advanced skill called Tactics - which gives them 1 point of armor that can be combined with combat reflexes.

Ok, now something else I was reading was Augment, it allows you to enhance one characters existing skill.. such as Combat Reflexes to gain 2 additional combat reflexes.. now Tactics is not on the augment skill list so does that not mean they could technically not augment it.

From this I was wondering what the point of making a new skill called Tactics in the first place, why not just give the Sages Combat Reflexes to begin with.. no new skill and 1 extra armor point will most likely not make many combat sages.

The other question was the (1) Knockout they get at Advanced. I vaguely remember the theory behind it but looking at it closer I just don't get why not give them a 2 or 3 KO like most things get at that level.. plus I was wondering why the count is 15, while most other KO counts are 10. Again it is an Advanced skill and in my opinion very underpowered compared to other Paths.. again something I think might be need to looked at again in the future..

Although opinions from actual Sages would probably help, my observations are just that.

Thanks.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Actually you should be able to augment all of the sages own skills it is an oversite.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them