Fighting with Fists

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Fighting with Fists

Post by General Maximus »

What are fist considered? Head weapons? Can a focus weapon skill be taken with fists? If so, I would say headed weapons. Aka, this would allow a monk with 4th level undead slayer to swing 2 with their fists.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Nope
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Tony Ku
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Tony Ku »

Since its already up here, I'll ask a few questions.

1) Can a fist swing for a crush or vorpal and break? If so, does the hand need to be healed via a healer or repaired somehow? Does it explode never to return?

2) What is the machine gunning policy for fists? I can throw a lot of blows in very short order so I want to make sure I'm not being cheesy.

3) May a fist be enchanted, poisoned, etc like other weapon effects?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I would think You can not "break" a fist in order to deal vorpal. The breaking if for weapons that need to be re-created.

Fists may have poison applied(if YOU are an asssassin.) And can be enchanted.

EDIT:
Machine gunning is allowed with fists and tiny (12') weapons.

Note: you still need to fight safely and check swings.
Travis Cole
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I suppose some of this is nebulous and some of it is not. First what is not:

No matter how sharp your fingernails are, you can never swing vorpal with a fist as "edged, pointed weapons (i.e. swords) must be used when dealing vorpal damage."

Likewise, a fist cannot be coated with poison as "Only bladed weapons (sword, dagger, axe, arrow, spear, etc) can be coated in poison."

Now for the nebulous: Since the monk's description refers to the fist as a weapon, I would think you could enchant your fist to swing magic.

I cannot get behind breaking your fist to swing crush. That feels like cheese to me unless your hand completely explodes and I can't get past that visual so I have to say no on that one.

Travis covered machine gunning nicely so I have nothing else to add to that.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I would like to say that you are still bound to being understood when you machine gun. When I hear wawawawawawawawa I actually do not know what to take for damage so swinging that fast is not helping you
Chris
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

what about claws? someone asked if confinement could be cast on my claws last event and I assumed no since they can't "explode" after the battle.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Anything that has the "explode" after battle requierment would not be able to be cast on claws or hands
Chris
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

I am some how comforted by the knowledge that, my hands can not be made to blow up in that manner.

Yes they probably can still be made to blow up, I realize. Just not in that manner.
Tony Ku
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Tony Ku »

GM_Chris wrote:I would like to say that you are still bound to being understood when you machine gun. When I hear wawawawawawawawa I actually do not know what to take for damage so swinging that fast is not helping you
I try to pause every fifth swing, and will tell people how much a series of blows have accumulated to, but I understand your meaning. And I do try to make sure the 'n's can be sounded out.

And yes, it is good hands cannot explode.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Oh yes... hands can explode. Just not from skills... muhauhauhauhauha Get me the dynamite and the mittens lined with duct tape!
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage