Winterhaven and Support

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Winterhaven and Support

Post by Ian_McAllister »

I was wondering about this.. if I bring Ian to Winterhaven for their last event of the year, but do not support anyone at WH, will my support from the last FH event carry over to the next FH event..

Since in the rules only an RPO can support across Chapters, I was curious how it would work for characters jumping back and forth?
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

support

Post by cole45 »

Support in WH is seperate from support in FH. Basically you get to double dip your support points.

The group you join in WH is seperate mechanically from the group you join in FH. So yes, if you have ian support no one at WH, your support for FH is still carried over.
Travis Cole
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I dont understand what you mean by "Carried over"? As far as politics and economics go, WH is 100% seperate from FH unless you are an RPO.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

In other words, you can be in a guild at FH and another at WH and use the same support in each.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I think he means that if he supports someone at FH, then goes to WH and doesn't support someone, come the next event at FH is he still supporting the FH person. The answer is YES.
Travis Cole
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Yep I know, and we were just clarifying for anyone who has this question that no matter what you do politically at WH (support or not support), this does not impact what you did at FH politically.
Xandar
New in Town
New in Town

support

Post by Xandar »

But can a spy in FH track your character's support usage for a WH event?
Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

i would say no, being that they are completely seperate games.

doing that would enter the realm of "you have to attend both games in order to understand what's going on" and i don't feel that is necessary or desirable.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Are you asking can a spy in FH who does not play WH track a WH support expenditure or can a spy who plays both do this? The latter would be definitly yes and the former I'm thinking no.
Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

travis, how can a spy in final haven track the support of someone however far away when he has little to no contact with them and doesn't have full knowledge of the specific guilds and organizations in place where that character resides?

i don't know, i just really don't agree with it.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The use of the spy's ability is an in between event action that can only be used against the people who are at the event in which you play your spy. :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Chris,

Does that mean the following?

John is a spy. He plays FH with Rick. Rick goes to WH. Can John track his support points because he was at the event? I should think not. You have to list your spy info on the checkout sheet.

I'm pro all or nothing, and I don't care which. You can either cross boundries all the time, or never.

All the time would be easiest, requiring less paperwork. But more internal data.

Never makes more sense, IE you have to play the spy at WH and fill out the paper work there.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

You missunderstand

The spy action tracks the points spent at the event that was just attended.

John puts in his checkout he is tracking Rick.

Then we at FH look at Rick's checkout form and see how Rick voted.

We do NOT call up Matt and say "Hey can you tell me how Rick votes in your next, yet to occur event"

This is not complicated :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Ahh. That makes sense.

You investigate was what just spent. And therefore, you can not do it crossways because you can only investigate what was just spent. I got it.
Travis Cole
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

Thank you for clearing that up, I was just curious how it was going to work. And it would certainly only make sense for skills like Spy to work only if you attend the event you are using it in..

Also we were wondering are the FH Character stuff (Envelopes) going to be at WH, if you decide to play a FH character?
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!