Armor Repair

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Armor Repair

Post by General Maximus »

Here is a suggestion for a rule change onthe of session.

Can the time to repair armor be lowered? It currently takes 4 minutes to repair to half, and 8 minutes to repair to full. To fully repop with life and all armor takes a long time since only 1 suit of armor can be repaired at a time.

Negatives about armor/repair
1. Must remove armor to be reapired to full if not real armor
2. Muat pay upkeep every event to use armor
3. Must wear the bulky armor to get the bonus's
4. Takes a long time to repair armor, so it is hard to step back and get it repaired during an encounter

I wouldlike to see armor repair time to be lowered so it is step with healing and combat reflex regeneration. 1-2 minutes to repair to half, 2-4 minutes to repair to full. Maybe have 1st level repair 2 minutes to half, 4 minutes to full, and a master craftsman can do 1 minute to half, and 2 minutes to full.

What do people think?
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

Another question:

Fake armor must be removed to be repaired, so you could be getting healed while your armor was being repaired.

Now, as real armor doesn't have to be removed, can someone also be repairing it while you're symultaniously being healed?
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

yes
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

That brings up a question about healing. If you are in a healing circle or just getting healed, and you take some damage, what happens.

Do you loose all healing benifits (mind you the person being healed got hit, not the healer) or are they ok. Can a person being healed block, fight, etc.. as long as they are in range of the healer. Aka, stand in one spot, fighting as they are being healed.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Aaron can a soldier in the field have hand to hand combat while a person is tring to bandage them up and have transfussions?
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

I know what you are saying Chris, but it is not specified in the rules and it can be considered to be in the gray area. It all about how you roleplay the skill out. A healer can shoot a healiong beam of energy into the person and as long as they are touching them, the personis getting healed. So it would not matter if the the person getting healed is hit or not. That is why I'm asking.

I personal think everyone in the healing circle is considered to using a charged skill and if anyone of them get hit, everyone needs to start over. It keeps it simple and follows the rules in the book.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Being someone that relies strongely on his armor. In extended encounters, caves are often examples of this, I usually only have armor for my first run. After that it just takes too much time to repair to make it worth repairing before you go back in.

Lowering the time would adjust this, but I think that Aaron's suggestions might be a little too drastic. There should be a difference between armor and combat reflexes. People are spending Character Point for the Combat Reflexes and only resources for the armor.

As a side note I have regularly repaired someones armor (even when they are wearing it) while they get healed. But not when I was the one getting healed, ie I could not repair my own armor while I am the one getting healed.

Oh and I bloodly well took an arrow while being healed behind the barricade during Roderick's men's attack on the Order's building (Saturday night last event), at which point I dropped well into negatives and eventually died from. **cough, cough** I got better *cough*
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

That brings up another good point. Can a person being healed use any skills while they are being healed??

As for armor repaor, I could go with 2 minutes to half and 4 minutes to full, just like healing. Than maybe get a commidity that speeds up the reapir process to 1 minute to 1/2, 2 minutes to full.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I actually get super frustrated with these questions because I hate hate hate how I have to spell everything out.

Can you use any skills while you are being healed? No
Can a person continually be healed at the same time they are taking damage? No

If the target moves while being healed they disrupt the healing and thus the healer.

Sooo if 1 person in a healing circle is attacked then the ENTIRE circle is dirupted since the healer is disrupted.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

While we cant promise any changes, I can say we are going to look at the times, and the resource conversions for Craftsmen, to possibly make the rules more streamlined.

Request heard, and answered. ;) We WILL look into it.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Thank you and understood.

The only reason I bring up the healing question because I saw it roleplayed out 5 different ways.Ranging from fighting while being healed, to if a person is hit in a healing circle, they loss the healing bonus, but everybody else still gets it. That is why I ask, becasue no one was doing it the same way.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Chris you have to remember, you KNOW the intent behind every rule PC's don't, we only have the words and individual interpretation.

Mary had a little lamb.

Did Mary own a small lamb? Did she eat a small amount of lamb for dinner? Did she eat an indeterminate amount of lamb that came from a little lamb? Or did she have lamb sex? Any of those could be right.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Well at least its lamb sex for once instead of man love.

wait is that really better?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

This should be used to teach kids english grammar.

Mary had a little lamb.

Did Mary own a small lamb? Did she eat a small amount of lamb for dinner? Did she eat an indeterminate amount of lamb that came from a little lamb? Or did she have lamb sex? Any of those could be right.

They would Pay attention!
Travis Cole
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

I always assumed that if I got hit then the healer had to start over for me. What I did not assume (and don't feel should be the case) is that if I get hit in a healing circle, the healer has to start over for everyone. It makes sense for me to have to be re-healed and be out of the circle at that point, but I think the others should be unaffected (unless the healer is attacked, of course).

As for armor, I don't think armor should be as quick to repair as healing is to heal. People can have alot more armor than life and therefore I think it should take alot more time to repair than being healed takes.

What I could see however is 3 and 6 rather than 4 and 8 if the craftsman had a "repair hammer" that is made from a commodity or some such.

The thing that I have had a problem with for a long time however is the definition of "Real" armor vs "Fake" armor. There is a great deal of talk about how people should not get bonuses in game just because they have more money to spend than others, however this is indeed the case when it comes to armor. It is very easy to make armor that looks realistic, is difficult to take off and put on, and can be restrictive, but under the current rules it is considered fake because it uses low-cost materials (such as faux leather or vinyl, etc).