Armor Repair

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

Fake armor can often be removed in under a minute. Real armor may take more than 10. Real armor is heavy and clunky - exhausting and painful to don and remove. Some armor even requires help from others to take off or put on.

Real armor gets a bonus to prevent warriors wearing it from spending an additional half hour out of action each time they get their armor repaired. It's a time thing, not an appearance thing.
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Brad, Do you have any examples out there that you feel are bing penalized as Fake and should be considered "real"
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

I do...there was an older gentleman this past game at FH (he attended WH as well) he had on a silvery shirt that is his armor...I was not able to repair his armor for the longest time because he needed to take it off to do so....
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I would assume a player wearing a silver shirt would want "metal" armor.

I do not think it is fair to treat the guy with a shirt that weighs 1 pound identical to the person who is weaoing 20 pounds of armor. in addition it is hard to argue that a shirt that weighs 1 pound is as hard to get off as armour that is strapped on weighing 20 pounds.

I do not feel this at all cerates some unfair advantage to those wearing real armor. All it does is even out the playing field.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I would tend to agree with that, you can wear a plain t-shirt under a shirt and be able to take it off rather quickly. Real plate takes longer to take off or put on than the repair time and that is why most real can be fixed while on. And if you want to use fake leather or vinyl for light I'm sure they'd let you consider it light if you had the propr coverage and if it looked convincing. The problem lies in the vinyl med or heavy whereas someone else would be wearing chain or heavier to get med pts.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

You know what...now that I think about it..the armor I wore in KZoo might have been considered real, I don't really remember. I guess next time I bring it I'll ask about it.

The best "fake" armor I've ever seen is made by Scott (a carps player) and he makes some AWESOME looking fantasy armor out of "unconventional" materials.