RGO's

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Ok, looking at things again I think the one thing that could help a great deal would be to increase the number of trade routes possible on the low end of the chart. Currently the max routes are:
  1. 1
  2. 1
  3. 1
  4. 2
  5. 2
  6. 2
  7. 3
  8. 3
I think It would be better if it were:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 2
  4. 2
  5. 3
  6. 3
  7. 3
  8. 4
This would reduce the number of orgs needed to support the economy and would make it easier for new orgs to start at the sametime allowing higher level orgs to control abit more
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The economic system is pretty new with all the behind the scene stuff we did. I would rather wait a year and see how it pans out.

Erik I could also get behind a system that after 8th level got increasingly more inefficient to have 1 guild. That way people who knew better would create 2 groups anyways, but if you REALLY wanted 1 group you could stillg et "something"
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

I too would be quite happy with a model where it gets more ineffiecient after level 8 to handle an RGO.. That way the current model would be kept intact, but it would allow the option for orgs to stay "unified" in game as they might see it. In the end I am really jusy about giving people the options to do what they want without hurting the game.. and if something could be added that keeps the system the same with some enhancements, I am all about it.

As for my initial reason to start this post for 1 RGO with unlimited potential was really to give the option to reduce some work on mine and the GM's part.. because to be honest we only have really one person in the PHoenix that really feel like taking care of resources, dealing with being the head of an RGO and anything else related to that.. and I bet that is no uncommon amongst many people.. So yes the start of this was in the beginning a selsfish motivation, but I also thought it would bring up some interesting points.. which I think it has, and made us look at some things I would like to be looked at. I do also think that maybe an unlimited RGO is a bit excessive, but that the current cap is still too small.. but I really like MIke's chart that as you grow you become less efficient, which does happen in business.. and should be allowed in Haven, in my opinion.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Hey I am actually in favor of that. It will be pretty inefficient, but if that is what people want then I am ok with offering it. Will have to look at the models though.

My guess is that after you see the offer no one will choose it since I will only be in favor of a model that discourages it highly
Chris
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The more I think on this the more I like it.

If you want to be a nasty dictator and control everything you gain the ability of controling all trade routes yourself and so if a person leaves you do not have the worry of them taking the trade route. On the other hand, the downside is great inefficency and anger amoung the populas.

Im thanking half again as many people for each aditional trade route. So if it takes 3 people to form another level 1 guild it would take 4 people to get 1 more trade route past 8 with no % increase due to level. Then it would take 6 poeple for the next trade route and then 9 for the one after that. So you are looking at 18 people to get 3 more trade routes instead of 6.

I might be infavor of softening it a little and maybe just 12 people instead of 6 at the high level instead of 18.

Still it would be a super waste of people with no increased %.

Chris
Chris
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

No decision has been made about this as of yet, but as of now, I think I'm in favor of keeping the trade route cap as is, unless your organization is run by a 4th level bureaucrat, in which case you can do what you want. This would represent the fact that it isn't the support you have necessarily that is needed to handle multiple trade routes, but the leadership that is present. See the bureaucrat rule changes for more info.