Rouge

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Any play testing will happen in the off season once we discuss any changes we want to make to the book, if any, in the GM section.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

The reason there are fewer Rogues is because the past couple of years have been so combat intensive and the total soak has decreased enough that most rogues switched to warrior somewhere along the way just to get more soak.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

I have heard many peole say they will die in 1 or 2 hits and do not want to get into combat. I can understand this, but it can be easly fixed.

Lets take the basic rouge.
They can wear up to 7 point of armor with out any restriction
1-3 life for life style (average 2)
1-2 life for race (say 1)
2 for costume

Now with out any disaplines, etc.. a basic level 1 rouge has 5 life and 7 armor. total of 12. Not bad

Now say you spend 40 points and get level 1 and 2 warrior, get a sage buff, and you make it to level 20.

Now you have. 6 life, 11 armor, total of 17.

Now say you get quality armor, your total just jumped to 20.

Now say you want to maxmize the damage you can take.
pick a race with 2 life, play a savage, 20th level, max armor for class, 2 levels in warrior, sage buff, and no additons from disaplines. Here is peoples soaks. Now add 3 if you have quality armor.

Warrior - 11 life, 18 armor = total 29
Sage - 8 life, 15 armor = 23 total
rouge & healer - 8 life, 11 armor = 19 total
empath - 8 life, 8 armor = 16 total

The soaks are not bad at all!! Add +3 for quality armor and add some more if they are level 40 or have a better buff on. People can take alot of damage very easly in this game!!
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

possible safety issue with trying to use backstab as a combat skill during battle.
How is backstab any more dangerous than any other type of combat? It's not.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I know people CAN have decent soaks but the fact is that not alot of people have the phys reps for it and either can't afford to buy it or simply don't have either the skill, time or money to make their own and some people for RP purposes just don't wear it. Onyx could be walking around in heavy armor but he hates clothes and I don't have the time or money to make armor. Of the 40-50 players on the field you can count the # of people that have Med or more armor on 2 hands (atleast if you go by phys reps of armor) so the easy solution is to be a warrior and get more soak.

Instead of making the rogue more like a warrior and making it so they can do damage more easily make them more rogueish and increase the knockout or give them some other unique skill if it's underpowered.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Warriors don't do high damage, they do medium to low damage at a high rate. Rogues do high damage at a low rate. And the focus of the change isn't to allwo them to do damage more easily, it's to simplify the game.

As for knockout, that's an entirely seperate topic and I for one see nothing wrong with it as is. 15 knockout is easy to achieve and takes out most everyone. If you have an idea for it thhough, post it up in a seperate topic.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.