Lash and warrior skills

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

What is the counter to arcane spell?
poking the caster with a stick and ending the spell...

What is the counter to someone posioning your drink?
Dont drink it

Id like to point out that lash ISNT a type of attack, is an effect/game mechanic you are using to simulate a radius effect:

1)a ninja monkey bounces from foe to foe stabbing and cutting.....a MELEE SEAPONbased lash effect
2)the porkutsien monster rabmles up to a group of Corbanites bad mouthing the good people of town and shoots 100 quils from its body in every direction........a RANGED WEAPON based effect
3)Grok shambles into town as a new zombie raised by Amagus and he commands it to display its attack form, what he considers his crowing achievement, and the undead farts a cloud of caustic glowing orange vapor that melts skin and metal.........a NON WEAPON based effect...and a dusgusting one at that

To say Lash isnt a melee attack ignores how its delivered. Most often Ive seen the MELEE kind simulated by a wide circular swing of the claws.weapon by the PC/NPC using lash. The elementals form a few events ago were using lash and describing it as a gust of wond or aura of electricity. These defined methods of delivery are wgat SHOULD determine if a skill can stop an attach with a lash effect.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

You are correct Brian, but it would require us to have 3 different calls for lash which is difficult.

We may want to simply make sure all lash attacks are well of the magical variety.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

I didnt read the whole thing, but wouldnt it be easier (when talking about NPC/monster calls anyway) Just to add Vorpal to the Lash call then worry about if it applies or doesnt apply? Granted it makes the call a wee longer, but it would definately be clear.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The reason I think is so say I am an NPC with claws and I have an innate effect that is not blockable I do not want to say 5 chrushing vorpal

then again if you had resist either crush or vorpal you could resist and that isnt correct either
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

The use LASH for one type, say attacks fighter skills work on, and RADIUS for the other types....you add one call but the distinction is easy and there is no need for a list of exceptions. Lash is assumed to be melee based radius is assumed to be something NOT melee based.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

Im confused as to how the Crush/Vorpal example applies. The point was to add Vorpal to the Lash call to make it clear that it bypasses armor. If a lash call is made it supercede the 'touch' attack of crush so no crush call is needed.

Lash is an AoE attack, not a Melee attack.