Another bow question

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Another bow question

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

Hey all,

I think I'm all set with the bow/xbow rules, save one. I'd like to know what happens with movement while im using trueshot or critical strike. Basically, I'd like to know if I am able to select a target and then start my count to use those skills while moving?

I know with magic users they are unable to move while "charging" because they are concentrating on using magic. It makes sense that movement could break that concentration. BUT, with magic users, they can charge whenever they want -- an archer has the disadvantage of first having to select a target.

So since a target must be seen first, and its not really a question of concentration -- rather more of a study of your opponent -- it seems as though one could move about when counting out for those skills. I'm not sure, but I think characters with the backstab ability are able to move while counting (???), if this is the case, it seems like the same sort of deal.

Thanks!!!

Bob
Moo.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Under current rules, _any_ skill that requires a count cannot move until the count is complete.

The basic rule for any charged skill is you cannot move while charging. Simple and thus why some things are only a 5 count.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

My suggestion, make it look like you are ready to attack and are going to attack. It'll keep the other person at bay for a few seconds and buys you precious seconds. You can move your other body parts just not your feet, so what I do while charging is alot of feinting making sure not to make contact because that will disrupt your charge.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

Cool, thanks guys. I guess I have one more. Inbetwixt this past event and the one prior, i was talking to wayne about crossbows and sent him some pictures of the one I made, asking him if he thought It could be considered a heavy. He said yes... I've since modified the prod on the thing and it does look a little small -- I guess my question is, it's just a phys-rep right? as long as I follow the rules (15 second load time, using it two-handed, and the only weapon in my hands while in use), is the actual size of the phys-rep a big deal? I just didn't want to keep using it as a heavy and have someone get upset.
Moo.
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

I think the question got buried
Moo.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I believe that would be refered to as a 'bump'. :D

Honestly, I couldn't care much. But I do think there needs to be a size requirement. Possibly make yours the new minimum? I can look into some other systems for sizes, if someone wants. Btw, what are the measurements of yours?
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

The crossbow is 21 inches long....but that shouldn't matter, all it is is the phys rep of a heavy crossbow, as long as he counts the 15 sec to load it and uses it two hands, it should be 'all good'. Because of the limited foot pounds and draw length and all that, the only difference between a light crossbow and a heavy crossbow in FH is the length of the bow behind the nock point.
Lost my train of thought.....
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Personally, I'd think 24" would be minimal just to make size a factor. make the light like 12" and the heavy twice that. It doesn't matter for shooting but it's just to keep someone from hiding the thing in a cloak and such.