After the Event Questions

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

After the Event Questions

Post by Nelkie »

For starters, the event was great. Great Job.

Question 1:
Did any one pick up the 3 glowing gems that imprisioned the crystal dog? Arthos went back to the area and search for them. I kept forgetting to ask an NPC about it.

Question 2:
Have the allgence points changed for houses, is there an official list of abilities for houses listed some where?

Question 3:
How does 2nd level beurcarate work? Example: There is a guild that is supporting a house. The guild head is a beucrate, so is the house head. The guild head has enough allegence to support their guild and deccideds to use his 25% bonus (2nd level beucrate) for aligence to support the house. The house head than recieves all the allgence form both guilds supporting them, and than uses their 25% allengence bonus (2nd level becurate) to come up with the final total of allgence points that is supporting the house. Is this how it works?

Question 4:
Rule clarification on Root: Once hit, you must count for 10 sec than you are free. You can dfend yourself, but can not move your legs. Is this correct?

Questions 5:
What is the max level a character can be. I have some people say after this event the max level is 32, but others say it is 28. Which one is it?

Questions 6; How much time does it take to create quality armor (aka, grants + to armor points), and does a quality helmet grant any bonus?

Question 7: How does eth level Druid work? Below is my suggestion
The skill allows the druid to change their form into the chosen animal shape or a half man/ half chosen animal.

Cost 1 life point, takes 30 secs to change.
Can not talk, can not use shield, armor, weapons, hold or pick up anything in hands, aka no use of potions, and use any skills which utilizes speach, or equipment. example would be
Warrior - No utilize armor for armor bonues
Thief - No disarm traps
Sage - No speachs to give bonus
Emapth - No effect
Healer - adminster potions

Bonus:
Claws - Use 2 large dagger size claws and swing 1 damage. Can block weapons. Can not pick up any equipment or items because of claws.
Note: Claws are not considered blades

To repersent the speed, thounghness, hieghten sense, and agility of the new form, the druid recieves 1-4 harnded skin.
The harden skin repops after each change. The harden skin is lost when change back to human shape. The amount of harden skin is based on the special ability chosen, the more powerful the ability, the less harden skin the druid recieves)

The druid gets a special attack or small skill bonus based on animal chosen

Snake - 20 count and next attack is 1 posion 1 (3 Harden skin)
Scorpin - 30 count and next atack is 1 posion 2 (1 Harden skin)
Rat - 20 count and next attack is 1 disease 1 (3 harden skin)
Bird - Flee ability as per aviana (4 harden skin - quick)
Bear - Press ability (4 harden skin - though)
10 count - bite 2-5 damage
+ to back stab
+ to channel
+ to healing
etc...

What do people think?
My Thoughts

Aaron
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The only one I can answer is: no, a quality helmet does nothing. In fact they don't exist. Pretty sure that one got into the addendum, but I'll check.

ah, yeah, armor needs a slight tweak in that instead of "3 locations on the body", it should just be "3 locations". I would have thought the head as part of the body but could see the confusion.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Druid

Post by Nelkie »

Another idea for druid is they get to chose from a list of abilities. Each ability has a level. The druid can chose up to 4 levels worth of abilities.
The abilities are always active unless the it says other wise. Some abilites have minus to them to balance them out.

Some examples
Level 1 - Press as per skill
Level 1 - 1 harden skin
Level 2 - + to back stab
Level 2 - resist posion
level 1 - Claws - dagger size claws that can block weapons, can't pick anything up - takes a 60 count to grow them and retract them
level 4 - Claws - short sord sizer size claws that can block weapons, can't pick anything up - takes a 60 count to grow them and retract them
Level 2 - Posion attack 1 posion 1 takes 30 count to charge
Level 4 - Posion attack 2 posion 2 takes 30 count to charge

etc...
My Thoughts

Aaron
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Here's a possible list of abilties (keeping them all level 4, no choosing for this concept)

Dagger sized claws with +1 damage. - animal is semi strong and quick
Short sword sized claws - animal is fairly quick
Flee - birds, things that are skitish
Touch of Death - extremely venomous things
Crush - extremely strong things
Vorpal - extremely quick and accurate animals
Meditate - slow things (turtles for example)

couple others that could be combinations of skills (aka, weak poison attack + fear or some harden skin + chargeup attack)

granted this way you don't assign it to specific animals, just categories. As well, I don't envision this as a shapeshifting skill. I see it more of the level between Crinos and Homid (can't recall name) in Werewolf. Sure you look a little shaggy but you are still human and have all your regular abilities. Having to remember what skills you can and cannot use is too complex. I would see claws taking a 20 count to extend. They would follow the rules of claws set in the arcane skill. The other skills work as per the discipline...
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Thoughts on Druid -

1. Abilities are determined on an individual basis - even for druids of the same totem. A Rogue Druid Lion might have different abilities than a Warrior Druid Lion.

2. No costume bonus while in animal form in addition to no armor bonus.

In fact, costume and armor are destroyed unless removed (within reason, folks!) before transformation. This would be creature based - transforming into a snake or bird shouldn't destroy anything.

3. All of a characters standard abilities are lost when in animal form unless approved by the GMs. (If the animal form is a bug - probably next to nothing. If the animal form is a monkey - probably next to everything)
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Here's some outside of the box thinking. Why not give them something like charm animal or something? Make it pacify an attacking creature and give the druid the ability to communicate with them. Useful for plots and combat. Plus, it avoids the whole horrid idea of a custom discipline (since it will become broken).

Heck it could be control animal if pacifing isn't enough.
Azara Blackhawk

Post by Azara Blackhawk »

I actually really like that pacify animal idea. To me that makes sense for a druid to be able to do because they are more in tune with the animals and with nature more then a Scout is.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Perhaps with a specific animal and with specific totems - like a pack animal totem able to communicate with like animals.

"Hey, packmates! Anyone happen to know where the necromancer lives?"

Could also lead to nifty rival Druid pack-wars. :twisted:
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

I Like it

Post by Nelkie »

Great Idea Eric.

Master Druid Can
You can communicate with the animals of your totem. Bears, wolfs, birds, etc... (Good for RPing, and plots) But a minor and limited ability. Not worth a 4th level. But fun.

Transform into your animal totem – Can use no skills, can not use any weapons, armor, shields, potions, equipment. It melds into the body. If druid goes unconiuousness they revert back to their human shape. Takes 30 seconds to transform into totem animal.
While in animal form you can not speak, but can understand whats going on around you.
While as animal, you must wear an NPC sash.
Bonus:
Change shape to that of an animal, great disguise

Lastly
You take on a trait of the totem.
The ability will be the same level as a racial boon, a level 1 path skill, or up to a level 2 disapline. Must be approved by the NPC’s
Note special disease and posion attacks could be used.
My Thoughts

Aaron
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I still don't like the idea of traits or transformations. Transformation requires a person to know a second set of hitpoints/armor and weapon abilities, and will inevitably lead to meta gaming. Traits, unless strictly specified will end up causing breaks since they aren't defined. I prefer the simple, you get blah skill. Druids don't need to shift, nor do they need to pick a creature.

Control Animal
The druid has the ability to communicate with any animal he or she encounters. As well, he or she may also pacify many types of animals. This takes a 15 count to charge and then the target creature must be struck with a packet and 'pacify' must be called. Once hit the target creature will not fight for a 30 count. The animal will still defend itself if attacked or someone attempts to touch it.

For those that didn't like control animal...
Imprision
The ground rises up and engulfs the target walling him off from the outside world. The druid must pick a target, charge this for a 30 count, may not move after charging then hit the target with a spell packet and call 'magic prison'. The target cannot be affected by any outside source for one minute after being hit. A target will not take poison damage nor will they bleed to death during this time.

Cool, but limited (empath sleep is still better) can be nice for dying allies.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I do like the transformation - traits. I suppose it does work best if you have a specific set of stats and rules to follow while in animal form, and you lose all abilities of your normal form. That means, in animal form, you probably have much less to keep track of then in normal form.

Also, most broken-rules situations occur when certain skills are combined in an unthought of way. If an animal form has one set of abilities, and can not be combined with any other set (no access to path or discipline skills), then it's easier to avoid broken situations.

Although there's still the risk of cheezing animal abilities by working in tandem with the skills of another person, the chance of becoming unexpectedly uber is certainly decreased.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I just don't like the idea of Npcs deciding on the traits of an animal whenever someone wants something new. It distracts them from their job of running the game. Any open ended rule should be squashed and killed. This is one of them. Great in theory, nigh impossible to write properly. And writing up all the animal types is possible but that's a lot of work spent balancing a single level of a single skill that could be better spent elsewhere.

And we've seen how well npc sashes work with disguise, it's annoying and doesn't work well.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I doubt new animals will come up much at all. Not that many Druids, and once they have an animal, it's fixed. As the Animal must be chosen at 1st level, I imagine a Druid would have to completely unlearn then relearn the discipline to switch animals.
Jux
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Jux »

Just to stem the flow of what MIGHT be pointless suggestions and discussion.... I belive Jux witnessed the effects/powers of a full path/discipline Druid in use this last evet. That would mean the plot bastards already have rules fleshed out and in play.

I am not telling you to stop, just stating that this might be like beating a dead horse we haven't seen yet... I think.

Brian G
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Keep the druid discussion going. We made a "Band-aid" ruling at the event for a few 4th level druids but it is far from being set in stone. I kind of like where Eric is going with the animal pacify thing. The only problem I have with it is it adds a damage call for a single skill.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!