Storage of Resources

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Storage of Resources

Post by General Maximus »

I don't know if people realize there are rules on how many resources you can carry and how many you can store in a certain area. There where many piles of resources given out at last event, but I saw very few people following the resources rules. If you are not aware of the rules, here they are.

How Many Resources May I carry?
While the game uses tags to represent resources a player should remember that one tag is actually a good deal of material for a character to carry around at one time. For example: three food tags is enough food for an entire month and is probably composed of fruits, vegetables, breads, and broadly ranging dietary staples depending on race. Because of the difference in size of a tag versus the item it is meant to represent, a character may carry a maximum of three resources on their person. This does not include upkeep tags. For example: Thor the mighty carries three steel, while Grumsh the Everhungry carries three food. A more
normal individual, Farmer Joe, may carry two food and one supplies
Any resources not carried must be left in the open or stored in a container.

There are four classes of containers
available (See the list below). The class the container belongs to determines the number of people required to carry a fully loaded container of that type. A class one container requires one person, a class two container requires two people, and so on. All containers above class one require a craftsman to build and some also cost resources. All containers must be physically represented with a suitable prop that fits the style of the game.

Class one, up to 6 items
Class two, up to 25 items
Class three, up to 75 items
Class four, up to 225 items

Class one containers only require one person to move and are free for anyone to build. Some examples of these containers are satchels, backpacks, and burlap sacks. A class one container must be at least 12" on its smallest side or one cubic foot.

Class two containers require two people to move and cost the craftsman 2 supplies to craft. It takes 30 minutes to craft a class two container. Some examples are chests, Large Sacks, wheelbarrows, travois, and canoes. A
class two container must be a minimum of 24" on its smallest side or 8 cubic feet.

Class three containers require three people to move and cost the craftsman 2 supplies and 1 steel to craft. It takes 30 minutes to craft a class three container and requires 1 upkeep per event to maintain. Some examples are carts, rickshaws, sleds, and crates. A class three container must be at least 36" on its smallest side or 27 cubic feet.

Class four containers require four people to move and cost the craftsman 4 supplies and 2 steel. It takes 120 minutes to craft a class four container and requires 2 upkeep per event to maintain. Some examples are wagons,
large carts, and skiffs. A class four container must be at least 48" on its smallest side or 64 cubic feet

**Special Item: Wheelbarrow – 1 refined materials, 2 supplies, 1 steel, and 1 hour to craft; plus 1 upkeep per event: This is a Class 2 container designed to be transported by a single user instead of 2 users.
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

There were piles of resources given out????? Why is it that in the four years of playing this game, I've never once seen this?
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Jade was standing at the table hovering around Lao when they were splitting it up....
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

we've given out piles of resources every event this year. Wrong place, wrong time I guess
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Wyrmwrath wrote:Jade was standing at the table hovering around Lao when they were splitting it up....
Not like I paid attention to much that was actually being discussed, as my character didn't understand Common very well anyways, but I thought it was a trading session of existing resources.

And when you talk about piles of resources, are you referring to trade routes? Or do you mean actual plots are yielding piles of resources as loot?
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

This was aessentially the existing trade routes that came in as a lump. There is a new system in place now.;
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Plots only account for a small % of total resources brought into the game. This is by design and the new system (well actually it is how the old system should have been we didnt really change anything) will not increase plot driven resources.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them