Workshops for Production Sources

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Workshops for Production Sources

Post by General Maximus »

When applying the 10% increase to the base value of a production source do you round up or down. I would say round up because of the small bonus this may give. Not to metntion some routes don't even give a full 10 resources.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Normal Rounding rules (I.E. Round Up on a .5) with a minimum of 1.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Ok, We need some feedback on this but we are going to try to change the cost for workshops and fortifications by next event. The current costs are stoopid expensive. We have come up with the numbers below:

Level 1 Workshop/ Fortification
Food- 10% current total in cloth
Supplies- 45% current total In food
Cloth- 60% current total in Supplies
Hide- 60% current total divided evenly amongst the primary resources
Steel- 60% current total divided evenly amongst the primary resources
Mystic- 45% current total divided evenly amongst the secondary resources

Level 2 Workshop/ Fortification
Food- 15% current total in cloth
Supplies- 70% current total in food
Cloth- 90% current total in Supplies
Hide- 90% current total divided evenly amongst the primary resources
Steel- 90% current total divided evenly amongst the primary resources
Mystic- 70% current total divided evenly amongst the secondary resources

Level 3 Workshop/ Fortification
Food- 30% current total in cloth
Supplies- 150% current total in food
cloth- 200% current total in Supplies
Hide- 150% current total divided evenly amongst the primary resources
Steel- 150% current total divided evenly amongst the primary resources
Mystic- 150% current total divided evenly amongst the secondary resources
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

So as an example:

A level 1 Mystic facility if the trade route is 10 mystic would be:

10 x .45 = 4.5 (round up to 5)

So 5 hide, steel, mystic....which divided evenly would be 1.7ish (rounds up to 2)

So for 2 hide, 2 steel, and 2 mystic..a level 1 mystic production facility could be built that gives a 10% increase in mystic resources per month (or 1 extra mystic).

Assuming this is correct. Here are some questions:
1. Since the route now brings in 11 mystic, do I figure the level 2 calculation based off the original figures of 10 or the new figures of 11?

2. Similar to #1, what happens if the base trade route changes. Say it gains some and becomes worth 12. Does the level 1 facility need to be rebuilt, upgraded, etc etc? What if the trade route shrinks?

3. Can production facilites be built for and used by more then one guild. Example: Guild A and Guild B both have food trade routes, can they combine their total food routes and build a bigger facility that they could both use?

Thats all for now,
Evan

P.S. I am liking these numbers a lot better then the other ones, I would actually consider building facilities at these costs.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

So as an example:

A level 1 Mystic facility if the trade route is 10 mystic would be:

10 x .45 = 4.5 (round up to 5)

So 5 hide, steel, mystic....which divided evenly would be 1.7ish (rounds up to 2)

So for 2 hide, 2 steel, and 2 mystic..a level 1 mystic production facility could be built that gives a 10% increase in mystic resources per month (or 1 extra mystic).
Close but Mystic is not considered a secondary resource, just Hide and steel. So the cost would be 2 hide and 2 steel to create a level 1 workshop that would increase your production from 10 to 11 per event. Also, the cost per unit goes up by 10% so the production source goes from:

10 Mystic @ 2.23 per unit = 22 total support to 11 mystic @ 2.46 = 26 total support

BTW: If the cost to build is not even (i.e it takes 5 secondary instead of 4) then the extra is just paid off with which ever resource you choose. SO you could pay 2 steel and 3 hide or 3 hide and 2 steel.

1. Since the route now brings in 11 mystic, do I figure the level 2 calculation based off the original figures of 10 or the new figures of 11?
Cost to build is always based on current production
2. Similar to #1, what happens if the base trade route changes. Say it gains some and becomes worth 12. Does the level 1 facility need to be rebuilt, upgraded, etc etc? What if the trade route shrinks?
Nothing needs to be rebuilt. The output will just fluctuate with the base. The workshops arent actually adding resources they are increasing the base by a percentage.
3. Can production facilites be built for and used by more then one guild. Example: Guild A and Guild B both have food trade routes, can they combine their total food routes and build a bigger facility that they could both use?

No, workshops are built per production source.
P.S. I am liking these numbers a lot better then the other ones, I would actually consider building facilities at these costs.
Glad to hear it. The previous costs were just too high in the current econmic model.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Let me clarify this really quick. The cost to build is always based on current production however, the increase to the per unit cost and the production is applied to the base not the current. This is not incredibly clear in the book.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

How many

How many workshops can a master craftsman work on between events? How many workshops can they build. I asume 1, but checking.

Do level 2 and 3 workshop require commidities still?

When you go from a level 1 workshop to a level 2 workshop you just apply the new % factor to the base nubmer. Is this correct? or do you add them together? (I don't think thats correct, but checking)
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

How many workshops can a master craftsman work on between events? How many workshops can they build. I asume 1, but checking.

They can just work on 1. Also, You need to have a level 1 workshop then you upgrade it to a 2 and finally to a 3. You cannot just build a level 3 workshop straight away.
Do level 2 and 3 workshop require commidities still?

No
When you go from a level 1 workshop to a level 2 workshop you just apply the new % factor to the base nubmer. Is this correct? or do you add them together? (I don't think thats correct, but checking)
You apply the percentage increase to the base. As an example, here is how a Tier 2 Supply works out:

Base: 24 Supplies @ 1.34 per unit = 32 support Total

Level 1 Workshop: 11 Food to Build
Output= 26 Supplies @ 1.47 per unit = 39 Support Total

Level 2 Workshop: 18 Food to Build
Output= 30 supplies @ 1.68 per unit= 50 support Total

Level 3 Workshop= 45 Food to Build
Output= 36 supplies @ 2.01 per unit= 72 support Total
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Will the new workshop rules be in effect for this coming event?
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

yes
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

This game may have a simplified combat system but the resource system is more complicated than most combat systems. That's just my opinion and not a knock on anyone.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I'm still not sure why the support needed has to go by the square of the change...

I understand that finding a higher tiered source might not be possible thus why you'd use the workshops but the support cost is overly heavy, considering we are the ones giving the source the ability to produce more. Shouldn't we get a discount for this (ie a lower per unit cost)?

It's like a car manufacturer giving an engine producer a key tool to increase their ability to make more engines and in return the engine producer marks up their engines... :?:
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Your thinking too much simply accept what you see. There is a reason for the increase in cost so it jives with other things in the system.
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

You asked for feedback, if you didn't want it then you shouldn't have asked. :roll:

And I wasn't saying the total support would go down, just that squaring the value seems excessive (especially at level 3 where instead of 1.5x it's 2.25x).
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

We just need to make sure that the price of the route goes up as it produces more stuff. It is not a system of efficency it is a system of value. If your site is producing more and doing it more efficently then the "stock" of the site goes up. This means you must keep a high level of investment into the site which likewise protects you from being taken over by smaller orgs.
Chris