Workshops for Production Sources

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

And I agree that the amount invested should go up as the site produces more, just not squared. Linear scaling I can see, but it's just the 125% increase in support for a 50% increase in stuff is rough. Maybe somethig in the middle (like 80% total for 50%) I could see too.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Eric,

The percentage is linear. Look at Wayne's example.

Level one is 10% increase to base amount
Level two is 25% increase to base amount
Level three is 50% increase to base amount
to support points. Thats how I'm reading it from waynes example.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The cost per unti is increased by the same percentage that the output is increased by. The increase in support appears to be more because you are increasing the amount of units at the same time that you are increasing the price per unit. The increase in support is to represent maintanance of the buildings, the aquisition of more skilled labor, etc.

Dont look at support as a dollar but rather a unit of effort. It takes more effort to increase productivity.
This game may have a simplified combat system but the resource system is more complicated than most combat systems. That's just my opinion and not a knock on anyone.
I agree. In my opinion, the thing that makes a complex resource system LARPable is the fact that none of the calculations have to be done under pressure. When economic decisions need to be made and there is a question about rules a game stop does not need to be called. It is easy to look them up or ask a GM. 9 times out of 10 a snap decission does not need to be made.
Your thinking too much simply accept what you see.
You asked for feedback, if you didn't want it then you shouldn't have asked.
I appreciate the feedback greatly. If you cannot conceptualize the system then there is something wrong.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

WayneO42 wrote:The increase in support is to represent maintanance of the buildings, the aquisition of more skilled labor, etc. Dont look at support as a dollar but rather a unit of effort. It takes more effort to increase productivity.
Yeah, it's just I still don't like the squaring aspect (cost per unit x output increase is squaring after all). I would prefer something a bit more linear at level 3.

instead of:
level 1 = 121% increased cost for 110% stuff
level 2 = 156% increased cost for 125% stuff
level 3 = 225% increased cost for 150% stuff

you'd have:
level 1 = 120% for 110%
level 2 = 150% for 125%
level 3 = 190% or 200% for 150%

the 190% would make the gaps 20%, 30%, 40%. the 200% would make the differences between the recieved and the paid the same as the increase (ie at 10% you pay 20% more, at 50% you pay 100% more)

It equates to almost the same but with ~10 support point lower cost in the end.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The nice thing about raising the cost and the available units by the same percentage was the fact you only had 1 number to remember. I guess if it is all in a referance chart then it still wouldnt be that bad. If we go with two numbers then I was thinking:

Building a Workshop works the same way as building a Fortification. There are three levels of workshops each requiring the level below it to be built and then upgraded. A Level 1 Workshop gives a 10% bonus in resource production. A level 2 Workshop gives a 25% bonus to production. Finally, a level 3 Workshop gives a 50% increase to resource production. The bonuses provided by a workshop come at a cost. When a Workshop is built, the per unit cost for the production source is also increased. A level 1 workshop increases the cost per unit by 10%, a level 2 workshop increases the cost per unit by 20%, and finaly a level 3 workshop increases the per unit cost by 30%. For example: House Trilant has a production source for 100 steel at 1 Resource point per unit (For a total of 100 resource points). House Trilant over time builds a level 3 Workshop on their Production Source. They now have 150 units available but at a cost of 1.3 per unit for a total of 195 Resource points.

It takes a fourth level craftsman to build or upgrade a building. The cost for the building must be paid at the start of its creation. It takes 1 event to construct or upgrade a building.

The cost to build a Fortification or Workshop depends on the Production Source. See the chart below for details.

Level 1 Workshop/ Fortification
Food- 10% current total in cloth
Supplies- 45% current total In food
Cloth- 60% current total in Supplies
Hide- 60% current total divided evenly amongst the primary resources
Steel- 60% current total divided evenly amongst the primary resources
Mystic- 45% current total divided evenly amongst the secondary resources

Level 2 Workshop/ Fortification
Food- 15% current total in cloth
Supplies- 70% current total in food
Cloth- 90% current total in Supplies
Hide- 90% current total divided evenly amongst the primary resources
Steel- 90% current total divided evenly amongst the primary resources
Mystic- 70% current total divided evenly amongst the secondary resources

Level 3 Workshop/ Fortification
Food- 30% current total in cloth
Supplies- 150% current total in food
cloth- 200% current total in Supplies
Hide- 150% current total divided evenly amongst the primary resources
Steel- 150% current total divided evenly amongst the primary resources
Mystic- 150% current total divided evenly amongst the secondary resources
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

That to me makes more sense especially if somewhere down the road you decide to add more levels, as now you have more freedom on how those numbers would interact. Before, you would have been forced into an extremely expensive system, where now you have the choice.

It may be a bit more complex but I think it makes for a more flexiable (and easily adjustable) set of rules.
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Not that I under stand this whole thing, but Eric has a point, in that, if we build a workshop and increase the amount we get from the site we have to then pay more ap for it? That doesn't make any sence to me at all. If another RGO steals the site from a group do they get to take the shops? Wouldn't the people who built the shop be able to simply take it back?
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )