RGO Facts

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

RGO Facts

Post by Nelkie »

I was rereading about RGO's and I found some interesting facts. By the following paragraphic from the rules the following assumpitions hold true.

When enough support has been gathered to expand the RGO, the leader may choose to increase the
organization’s level. This is done at the end of an event. Higher-level RGOs can bring in more resources and
maintain more sources; however, expanding too quickly can be dangerous. Any time an RGO goes 2
consecutive events without the minimum amount of support points to support their current level, the
organization collapses and the RGO will then need to be reformed at level one.

Assumpitions
1. A RGO can increase to any level (aka from level 1 to level 8) if they meet all the requirements (support points & # of people)
2. The only way an RGO can collaspe is if they do not have enough support points to maintan the RGO level for 2 consecutive events. Based on this, an RGO could meet the people and support point requirements for an event to be a level 8 RGO, and drop down to 3 people (but still have enough support to maintane a level 8 RGO) the next event, and no harm would come to the RGO based on the current rules.

If these assumpitions are wrong, please point out where in the rules where they are wrong.

By the way, I think this needs to be fixed in the off seasons. It should be added in the rules that an RGO can only increase there level by 1 per event, and if you do not have the minium people or support point requirements for 2 consecutive events, the RGO collaspes.
My Thoughts

Aaron
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Being able to expand multiple levels is by design. I think it is implied if you read the whole section about politics that the people requirement must also be met but we can spell it out more clearly if needed
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Hi!!

Post by Nelkie »

I understand what you are saying, but I know people can and would fight about the people reuirement becuase it is not fully written out, but implied. I have been playing with the people requirement, but I just wanted to let everyone be aware of this loop hole in the current rules.
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Wait wait.

Ok the people requierment MUST be met at all times which is determined by level.

So no you cannot get 6 people make a level 8 and then drop down to 3 people. No way
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

The way the rules are written you can support 2 RGO's with the same people as long as you have 2 leaders, you simply move them back and forth between events. *shrug* I don't like it and think it's cheesy as hell to do but I also don't think that an organization should crumble because they don't make the people requirement for 1 event, like say on the 4th of July weekend. :lol:
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

couldn't the GM's just tell you to piss off? I mean yes, it might technically be legal, but damn.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well yes if you want to have 2 orgs and move people back and forth you can do that, but it would definitly fall underr the cheese rules and I will smote you for doing it.

The rules are a guidline I wont be bound into a corner by a rule in the the face of cheeseness. It is bad DM'ing
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I would think that's right about the time the bad guys start swinging "Make-a-new-character."
Travis Cole