Announcement: Winterhaven.Camp Shawadasee September 15,16,17

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Announcement: Winterhaven.Camp Shawadasee September 15,16,17

Post by cole45 »

We are pleased to be able to announce a set date for the first Winterhaven Event. It will be located at Camp Shawadasee in Lawton, MI. 81830 23rd St
Lawton, MI 49065. We will be posting directions and special camp rules in this thread in the near future.

Camp Shawadasee is a girl scout camp. We will have access to a two story lodge called "Hanna House." A set of cabins, a dining center, and possibly more. There are shower facilties and bathrooms there so bring your towels. Firewood is free. The cabins sleep 8, and the hanna house 35.(It is heated, and there are little mats there to sleep on.)

Anyone who wishes to play a Winterhaven character, can send their character histories to Winterhavenlarp@gmail.com. Winterhaven is a two week ride (at the earliest) from Final Haven. (so at least moon out and back.)

Be on the look out for a WinterHaven RPG thread to begin in the Inn. We look forward to seeing as many of you as can spare the weekend!
Last edited by cole45 on Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Travis Cole
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Winterhaven is a two week ride (at the earliest) from Final Haven. (so at least moon out and back.)
Note, Thats a two week RIDE. Seeing horses and beasts of burden are extremely rare and expensive, you will most likely be walking. The walk is about a three to four week walk each way.

Dont worry, we are working on an ingame way to make that journey much much shorter.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

Hooray!!

Will we have access to the platform tents as well as the cabins?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

We are not planning on renting the Tent platforms at this time. If demand is there, we can concider it. We do not have a good idea of the projected number of players coming, and how much space we will need to rent. We rent the buildings on an individual basis.
Travis Cole
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

I was under the impression the tent platforms didnt have a cost associated with them to use if you had other buildings rented out. I also know that they winterize them at some point in the year, taking down the tents and leaving just the platforms.

Do you know if the tents will have been taken down before the event? (Im pretty certain we can use them if they are still up from my experience playing nero at this camp).
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Well, We were told they are not free. The are however CHEAP. They will be up until october. So the option is there. We are also planning a november Event, and they will NOT be available for that one.
Travis Cole
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

So if I wanted to rent one out for the event do I arrange it with you guys, or do I need to call the campsite itself?

Sorry to be a pain, I was kinda looking forward to using one of those tents cause they are really cool for savages.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Let me find out. I don't know if they can be rented individually, but we can certainly make arraingments.
Travis Cole
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

At least you don't have to worry about Norms at Camp Shawadasee.

:D
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

sorry folks no tribe that weekend do to a wedding. We all hope you all have fun at that even an hope to mak eth next one.

shane
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Don't be so hasty there Shane, there just may ne part of "the tribe" there. :lol: *Giggle giggle snort*
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

true, I forget we have more than handful now.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

SHAWADASEE

Post by cole45 »

Shawadasee RULES.

No open flame torches,lamps or candles. We can fires in the fire pits(and indeed get free firewood.) All Torches will need to be non flame inducing.

NO COMBAT IN THE HANNAH HOUSE. (in the INN.) As a Camp, the Hannah house will be a NON-COM zone. EVERYONE BUT SPECIAL NPCS will be NON-COMS while in the hannah house. Combat in the tents, and cabins wil be allowed. Projectiles in the Hannah house are forbidden. Windows are almost more than the cost of the camp to replace.

NO SHOES on the Second floor of the Hannah House. (the Hannah house has it's own Kitchen, Bathroom and shower!)

The Shelters are free game! They have camp fires, and kitchens.

Cigarette smoking ONLY OUTSIDE ANY STRUCTURE. NONE in cabins,Tents or houses. PICK UP AND DISPOSE OF Butts. AND NOT IN THE FIREPITS. That is expressly forbidden.

No Combat inside the shower house. (combat just outside is not only allowed, but encouraged.)

The Cabins, tents come with bunks. The Hannah house comes with pads to sleep on.

Tenting is allowed.

Onsite begins at 5:30. Checkin begins at 5:30. Game on Begins at 8pm. Floating check-in will occur after that.

There will be a Winterhaven Rules FAQ Posted. Winterhaven rules will be the rule book and this "FAQ" The Faq is a list of "understood" rules that we have been collecting. Everything in the FAQ should be treated as though it were in the rule book.

There is a Lake. We will be attempting to get a GM life guard certified. If that happens, you may swim, if and ONLY if this GM is present. There is a tower near the lake. Unless you are on a plot involving it, please stay off of it.

We can, and WILL be turning MOST of the outside lights OFF. A few area's will keep them. (the Showerhouse and probably NPC CAMP.)

MORE TO COME.
(feel free to comment. comments are good.)
Travis Cole
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Re: SHAWADASEE

Post by Faerykin »

cole45 wrote:There is a Lake. We will be attempting to get a GM life guard certified. If that happens, you may swim, if and ONLY if this GM is present. There is a tower near the lake. Unless you are on a plot involving it, please stay off of it.
There is a lake?!? I don't remember a lake. Is it quite a hike from the main cabins/showerhouse/dining hall?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

There is indeed a lake. It didn't seem like it was that far, but It might be. The lake is one of the reasons we wanted to use the camp.
Travis Cole