Taunt/Sleep and Parry

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Yeah, I'd rather see it stay with the number is reduced to 0. I really don't see how that can be misunderstood to include Sleep, Fear or Taunt. They don't have numbers. It's pretty cut and dry.

Making parry more powerful is unnecessary. The crush addition was gravy as is.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

The confusion is that it says you can block disarm, crush, and knockout. Disarm doesnt have a number included in it, but yet it can be parried.

So for simplicity I would suggest either it be usable only on frontal melee attacks that have a number, or make it work on all frontal melee attacks. Obviously these things have very different powerlevels, so its up to the GM's to determine which one works best.

Keeping track of exceptions is always more difficult.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

the only exception is disarm...

crush has a number, knockout has a number. This is really a lot simplier than you are trying to make it.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Disarmed can be parried UNLESS the warrior is already raging and then well he's disarmed.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

If we wanted the assasin's sleep to be parriable, we could change the call from sleep to an obsene amount of knockout. Like maybe 30 or something stooopid like that
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

personally i think it's fine the way it is. the assassin has to charge for 30 seonds, have a tagret and somehow hit the target with out getting hit. Good luck doing that from the front and if you do, you kind of deserve to have it work.
Travis Cole
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

My point isnt that its really complicated, my point is that exceptions make things more complicated. If all numbered calls can be parried, then just make it all numbered calls and forget about disarm. By adding disarm all you are doing is adding unnecessary complication.

As one skill, its not a big deal...when multiple skills all start having exceptions to them then the game becomes complicated (which I thought was kinda contrary to the point).

For example: Hold ground has exceptions, Parry has exceptions, rage has exceptions, all of these things add up and cause confusion. Individually not a big deal...all combined can be a bigger deal. (even more so for those of us who play multiple larps all with different rules for the same calls)
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

cole45 wrote:personally i think it's fine the way it is. the assassin has to charge for 30 seonds, have a tagret and somehow hit the target with out getting hit. Good luck doing that from the front and if you do, you kind of deserve to have it work.
Werd to yo motha...
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Also note that none of those skills are used in conjunction with each other, so you only need to worry about one at a time. (Granted, parry could be used with hold ground but it's be pointless as you'd still take 1).

If you can't remember the rules to one of your skills, then don't use it until you find out. You should (in general) have a tactic picked out before the combat happens so you know what skills you'll be using ahead of time anyway.
Alexander
New in Town
New in Town

perrying lash

Post by Alexander »

ok i wanted to ask this because it came up it just dosent sound right. durring the last attack on the inn some of the npcs were perrying lash. i dont see how that worked. would some one be so kinda as to explain it to me.
please stop being stupid cause i like killing stupid people but i like you to so that would make me conflicted and i dont like being conflicted cause it makes me want to kill things, so do you see my pradiciment
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I was a little surprized to discover lash could be parried from the front as well. I'm not against it, but it's certainly a clarification that should be made.
Travis Cole
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Lash

Post by Nelkie »

To my knowledge lash cannot be parried. It does not state anywhere in the book that lash can be parried. One can only parry melle frontal attacks, crush, & knockout. Lash is not a melle attack.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

And lash doesn't neccesarily hit you from the front only either, even if you are facing the person calling it. It could be a wave of energy, a "fireball" or it could be a tail whip or wing stike.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I was under the same impression, but there was a GM statement to that fact last game.
Travis Cole
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

You cannot parry lash. If there was a GM statement that you could it was a situational statement good only for that seen. As stated before, any judgement calls made by a GM in the field should be treated as a situational call for that scene only unless otherwise stated.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!