Taunt/Sleep and Parry

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I understand GM calls in the field, but this clarification was NOT made during a scene. We had it clarified during game off. Do all rulings at an event count as field rulings?
Travis Cole
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

A ruling is permanent when added to the rulebook or added as an addendum. Rulings made in passing at game break at an event without a rulebook handy can be considered as temporary.

As a side note, if there is a lash attack delivered by a melee weapon then according to the rules now it could be parried but there are no mechanics for melee lash so to avoid confusion we will probably make the change from:

Parry/Avoid Blow
A character can now spend a LP to reduce the damage delivered from any single frontal melee attack to 0. In addition, they may also parry knockout, disarm, and crush attacks delivered from a melee weapon.

to

Parry/Avoid Blow
A character can now spend a LP to reduce the damage delivered from any single frontal melee attack to 0. In addition, they may also parry knockout, disarm, and crush attacks delivered from a melee weapon. Lash attacks cannot be parried.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

That makes sense. It certainly lets field rulings wear off, settle, or be discussed before becoming cannon. I was not sure on when something became true. The new change for parry makes sense.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The new change for parry makes sense.
Just to clarify, the rule that Wayne put out is not perm until it is put into the rule book or mentioned in some other forum other than this form as in "this is the new rule"
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them