Assassin Skill ideas

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

Well a couple of suggestions I have are

1. Give them the Druid 2nd lvl ability of Immunity to all movement impairing effects (Root, Slick,etc..).. Gives them a bit better chance to be mobile and get away from combat.

2. Just give them a +2 Knockout, I see no reason to add packet driven into the fray.

3. Maybe Resist Poison, as they use it they become resistant to it.

4. I too like the thought of Assassins having Escape Artist as well.. and perhaps it stacking with Spy if you have both.. reducing time or such.

5. I really like the concept of Palming an object. Skill "Conceal Object" - Allows the Assassin with a 1 minute count to hide a Tiny Phys-rep on their person that cannot be discovered even with spot. ( Unfortunately I realize this may cause some OOG possibilities) I do believe though that if anyone can sneak a weapon into someplace without being seen it should be an assassin, and I would like to see someone with that abilty.

My two cents.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I like 1 and 3 alot
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

My vote would be 3...

It would finally put poison resist into the game. Currently, the only way to get it is to be a dwarf. Every other resist, anyone can have.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

i'v got to agree with reist poison. It would help to tone down the dwarf.
Travis Cole
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Both of those (1 & 3) are pretty rare. either would work and either would make sense at level 2. "Young Sith apprentice, before I teach you how to use a poison to harm you will learn to negate it's affects" or "Young padawan, now that you have learned the seeming, you must learn to avoid ensarement, it may just save your life one day."
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Daku of the North
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Daku of the North »

My thoughts exactly, Erik. I've always personally thought that either Resist Posion (to tone down dwarf) or Escape Artist (since assassins are supposed to be sneaky) would be better suited for Assassin skills. Awesome.
"Unlesss you're cooking, baking, or eating, get the heeeellll outta my kitchen!" ~ Jasmine, August event
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well please understand that resist posion is nice, it is not "all that". IMO there are alot better racial boons that exist.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Well, there may in peoples opinion but for my money I'll take resist poison anyday and 2x on sunday over every other racial boon.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

I gotta side with Chris on this one. Its nice but I don't know that I think it needs to be toned down. I've played Lambic for a couple of years and resisted poison a hand full + times, and a couple of times were on purpose. I would put it as a mid range boon.

Now that does not mean I don't think it should be available in another manner.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I think I misspoke when I said dwarf needs to be toned down.

I meant, that resist poison is ONLY available to Dwarves. no one else gets it. Rarity breeds value. Is it unwieldly powerful? NO. Is it totally unique to dwarves? yes. Should it be? probably not. It makes dwarves unnessisarily powerful to have a resist no one else can have. and the resist does not even warrent it.

That said, CHargoth used it every event, probably twice. Of course we were fighting wood wraiths who swung poison.
Travis Cole