Empath Rule Question

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Empath Rule Question

Post by Nelkie »

Can an empath deliver a magic fear with a weapon, or does it have to be a packet?

Can an emapth hide a magic sleep and or a magic fear when charging/using? I know you have to hold your hand over your head when charging a boom, but it says nothing about that with fear and sleep? I'm assuming you can hide it and spring it on person.

Also, I believe some people are not using the proper times for repairing armor. It's not on purpose, but because there is a misconception that it takes only 5 minutes to reapair a suit of armor. The rules states, 4 minutes to repair to 1/2, and 8 minutes to repair to full. The rule has been in effect since 2005 session.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Trevor Owen
GM

Armour

Post by Trevor Owen »

I agree with Aaron on the armor issue, also with healing and charging skills.

I don't think there is any intention involved, just miscommunication.

Please re-read your skills, as some times were changed/standardized over the last year.

Additionally repairing/charging/healing cannot be done while walking/running/fighting.

I know that some people like to walk through the woods while charging a sleep or magic attack, or arrow. You must stand still to make the count, and cannot be engaged in combat. It is an uninterrupted count.

Please note: even if you think you know all your skills, glance over them just to make sure the wording and times were not changed from what you remember. It helps put everyone on the same page so to speak.

I'll let someone else field the charging magic sleep and magic fear. My thought was it was big-scary magic and so had to be visable, however I don't remember for sure what the last ruling was.
Master of witless lore and red herrings
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Wondering as to why the change in armor repair. It's already annoying and a pain to wear, and it's not like I see many battles where repair/healing time is a factor. So I dont see the point in increasing the time. It fit very nicely at 5 minutes, as then combat reflexes and armor could be both brought back at the same time (no mess, no fuss). Now it requires math (and math is bad).

Again, I'd see the reason if combats happened back to back, but that's a pretty rare occurance. Cave sieges are the only instance where this time would factor in and ultimately the NPCs are usually using that same rule, so it's moot in that instance.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

dier_cire wrote:Wondering as to why the change in armor repair. It's already annoying and a pain to wear, and it's not like I see many battles where repair/healing time is a factor. So I dont see the point in increasing the time. It fit very nicely at 5 minutes, as then combat reflexes and armor could be both brought back at the same time (no mess, no fuss). Now it requires math (and math is bad).

Again, I'd see the reason if combats happened back to back, but that's a pretty rare occurance. Cave sieges are the only instance where this time would factor in and ultimately the NPCs are usually using that same rule, so it's moot in that instance.
And you have to take your armor off to repair it too, don't you? Which takes 5 minutes as well. So you're talking 13 minutes to repair one suit, yes?
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Armor

Post by Nelkie »

You can keep your armor on if it is being reapired to half. Must take armor off to repair to full, unless it is considered real armor.,
My Thoughts

Aaron
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

does it take 5 min to remove armor? or is that carps?
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

There is no time listed to take off armour. It takes you as long as it takes you to take off the phys rep.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Im guilty of botching the craft/repair time myself.
Only did it once, but I did do it wrong.

If I remember we switched it so it was inline with healing.

Heal to half 2 min
Heal to full 4 min
Repair to half 4 min
Repair to full 8 min

My understanding was that all empath 'packet' skills HAD to be displaid.

Empath Magic Fear, was considered a 'packet' skill.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I see the number correlation but that still doesn't explain why it was done. Especially, considering armor isn't life points. Why try to make them similar? Heck, combat reflexes are closer to life points than armor. It's just adding complexity to something that wasn't broken. But whatever...
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

I think it was ships passing in the night.
I think we had the repair thing in the mill before the 'reflexes' thing made it out of the gate.

*shrugs*

It was designed to make it more simple, other issues made it complicated.