Actual Rule Questions

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Actual Rule Questions

Post by Nelkie »

Can a Spy with total confindence have a suggestion implanted into them? The way I read the rules, I say yes, but I want to double check.

And can an empath spend multiple life points at a time to do a more damaging lash attack? An empath spends 5 life and does 10 magic lash on the battle field. Is this allowed?
My Thoughts

Aaron
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Actually I would say no.

Spy 3 makes you immune to the effects of torture.

Int 4 requires you to be tortured to zero.

While you lose life, you were NOT Tortured to zero, and so you can not be implanted.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well good question about the empath thing. I am going to say no, but I guess if people didn't know I just said no then I wouldnt begrudge a person who tried.

I can see situations where a GM is asked for a 1 scene change to the rules and I would have granted it.

Like if I was asked last event by the good peeps I would have said yes I am guessing
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Although there might be a situation where 10 lash would be better, I think generally 2 Lash - 2 Lash - 2 Lash - 2 Lash - 2 Lash would be more preferable. It would be harder to counter.

I just thought of a related question though. Could a bound empath do 2 lash? What about inescapable bonds?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I don't see why you couldn't do it bound. No requirement. And that player should a good plan award!
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Oh yeah you could do it while tied up.

:)
Chris
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

Good questions, as two breaks in the rules have just been found by them.

Break #1 - If a torturer cannot implant a suggestion in a Spy, then it is possible for a Spy can be discovered to be a Spy. (Through creative suggestions.) Is th is a break? Hard to say.

Break #2 - An empath who can do Lash Magic CANNOT be tortured. They can simply lash themselves down to 0 life. Heal them back up to torture them some more? Lash back down to 0 life. This looks like a break to me.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

The Spy can be tortured and given an Implant. The Implant just doesnt take. The torturer would not know the difference. No break. It can however be bent, in the same manor detect lie was bent in the past. Why spend LP to detect lie, when I can just torture them and 'suggest' they tell me the truth. Bares looking at though.
The lash thing is a bit trickier. Oh and my vote would go to the 2 2 2 2 2 option vs the 10.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I wouldn't say spy is broken, since that is what they were designed to do.

Empath, maybe so.
Travis Cole
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Todd,
detect lie is gone. Now it's torture. Since the spy is immune to torture, it's all good. you can suggest they tell you the truth, but the spy can still do as they please. I believe this to be the perfect set up for the spy.

Evil bad guys thinks your well and mind controlled, and a good spy just keeps letting him think that. Perfect.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Kale wrote:Break #2 - An empath who can do Lash Magic CANNOT be tortured. They can simply lash themselves down to 0 life. Heal them back up to torture them some more? Lash back down to 0 life. This looks like a break to me.
Poison...
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

dier_cire wrote:
Kale wrote:Break #2 - An empath who can do Lash Magic CANNOT be tortured. They can simply lash themselves down to 0 life. Heal them back up to torture them some more? Lash back down to 0 life. This looks like a break to me.
Poison...
Good call.

Also my vote would go to the 2 2 2 2 2 option vs the 10 as well.

As for the spy thing, it is more so the "way to get around it" that I was referring to. But you have to be real creative to do it, so I guess no big deal.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

You guys are going a little rule crazy.

The torture to 0 life thing is more of a symbolic thing than a real thing. i you find a person and they are at 0 life then you would have to torture them the amount of time it would take to get them to 0 life and then you can implant.
Chris
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Perhaps we need to say something like

"While bound you may not use any skills that require a life point or charge time to activate." Then put a caviat in Escape artist "This skill can be used while bound".
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

it doesnt have to be that way wayne. See above: the torture thang is symbolic. It would be like a person who is tied up beats themselves against a nail knocking themselves to 0 so they cannot be tortured.

A couple things on this.

1) A person can always choose death instead of a suggestion that is to kill their friends.

2) instead of using symbolic time if an empath lashes themselves to 0 then you just shortened the time to torture.
Chris