Actual Rule Questions

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

makes sense to me.

Here's the deal with that. Can you just beat someone up and drain their life the old fashioned way(stabbing) to get their life points down or does that only work if the torturee does it to themselves?
Travis Cole
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

wayne,
\Perhaps we need to say something like

"While bound you may not use any skills that require a life point or charge time to activate." Then put a caviat in Escape artist "This skill can be used while bound".

passwall would need to be included too.

Or maybe we can use the Rule Of Obvious Legality:

If something says you can do it, in a particular situation, you can.

IE: Passwall, and escape bonds while bound.

Or torturing while an emapth lashes etc.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

All the extra rules is an over complication.

Just put in that it is symbolic time on the torture skill.

That is much better than making a global rule EVERY player has to remember and then putting in exceptions everywhere else just to get the torture skill to work.

Better yet why not change torture to:

It takes X time (say to 10 minutes) to torture a person and at the end they are considered at 0 life if they are not at 0 life already.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

That's cool. It fixes it. I assume healer/Torture would make that 1 minute?

Keep in mind this makes torture MUCH faster, easier proposition. Now we have people being implanted regularly.
Travis Cole
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Chris,

Forget the torture skill. What I am worried about is the empath lash skill. It would disrupt torture every time because it would disrupt the count. As an empath, wait until the torturer is 99% complete with his count to take a life point and then lash. You loose a life point, start the count over again, and buy yourself lots of time. How about just putting in the torture skill that the target cannot use any skills that require a charge up time or life point while being tortured. Takes care of the problem and gets away from having to rework the "Theory" behind torture.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The players could just beat a person to 0 first and then begin torcher :)

If we added that line then I would just lash whenever the torcher got close before he/she used the skill.
Chris
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Wayne is saying that Bound rules should include the inabilty to do life point or charged abilities. That prevents people from being rough up before torture, and empath from lashing people.

the change to binding someone fixes the torture issue. Now if you lash someone before you get tied up, awesome.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I am adamentally apposed to creating another global rule everyone in game has to remember.

Trust me it seems so easy to add because you alreay know all teh current rules, but it isnt easy and that is a very very very bad trap.

I remember when we started carps second editon. That was like my argument for the 10000 new skills we added and the 10000 new damage calls.
Chris
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I'm with Chris on the lash thing, so what they can disrupt torture? I think that'd be a really cool scene. Imagine the evil empath has been captured and the goody 2 shoes interrogstor is trying to get him to talk and after almost getting there, "2 lash Muahahaha". They spend the time again "2 lash muahahahahaha", at some point they're going to call someone in to knock the person out or stick them with a poisoned dagger. Or reverse it and the good guy is giving every last ditch effort to resist being turned into a rat fink for his friends. Could make for some really cool roleplaying moments.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Wee

Post by Nelkie »

I agree with eric and chris on the torture skill and empath lash defense. Just beat an empath down to zero life and torture them. problem solved.

I can understand the empath only able to spend 1 life to do a lash effect at a time. It prevents a tough empath from running into a mass of people and doing a 18-20 magic lash and running out. It would be nice, but kinda over powered.
My Thoughts

Aaron
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

On the torture thing, Chris is 100% correct. An empath can go ahead and do the lash to zero thing. They become incapacitated (not unconscious) at this point. Torture away as they can still communicate. And you'd still have to torture their max life (like 6 or so or 6 or 30 minutes).

If you so choose, you may even knock them to negatives, long as you don't let them bleed out as no one is unconscious anymore.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Just to add to the confusion on the 'set time' thing. Thats how we had it originally and we changed it because Big Bad @SS Warriors said it didnt make sense that they couldnt last longer then a Sage.
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

Think Jedi and meditation... 8)
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell