Ressurection/Death/Dyring - Clarification

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ressurection/Death/Dyring - Clarification

Post by Kale »

Can someone please clarify if you can get raised or not when destroying hearts/heads/brains/etc? It was my understanding that this did not matter, per the rules as stated at:

Code: Select all

If the character is missing a head or heart, follow the rules for resurrection below.

In order to bring a character back from the dead, the healer must first prepare the body for the reintroduction of the essence. It takes the healer five minutes to prepare a body for resurrection. The Empath then takes over after the body is prepared, however, the healer must stay with the body in order to keep it stabilized for the duration of the resurrection process. After all steps of the resurrection are complete, the patient must draw two chips plus one chip per hour the character has been dead. The chip draw can never be lowered below one. If the healer also has to reattach the patients head the chip draw is increased by four additional chips. If the heart needs to be reattached, the chip draw is increased by four additional chips. Chip draws by the patient at the conclusion of the resurrection process represent the overall chance of failure not just the chance of failure on the healer’s part.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Yes you can but there is a point where it's virtually impossible. For Instance Atrum would have had to draw 15 chips and I think you can bring it down by a total of 4 or 5 with potions and spells. Unless the spells can be cast multiple times but I don't that that was the intent of the spells. So there was no chance of him coming back through a rez.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Midnight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Midnight »

I thought a chip bag could have as many chips as you want, so long as there is at least one red chip per nine white chips? That would make resurrection theoretically possible, wouldn't it?

Not having played a healer, though, I could be wrong.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I think it's 10 and atleast 1 has to be red and 1 has to be white.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Midnight wrote:I thought a chip bag could have as many chips as you want, so long as there is at least one red chip per nine white chips? That would make resurrection theoretically possible, wouldn't it?

Not having played a healer, though, I could be wrong.
No... otherwise, I'd put 1000 white chips and 1 red chip to make me super healer of the world...

According to the rulebook under Surgery:

"The healer’s bag is an out of game pouch that contains 10 red and white markers or chips."
Can someone please clarify if you can get raised or not when destroying hearts/heads/brains/etc?
If you mean destroy as in burn completely away (with the appropriate count) or consuming or some other means of obliteration, then no.

According to the rulebook, you must have all the vital parts to put them back together. Under Mend the Vessel:

"No matter how skilled the healer there will always be a chance of failure in these endeavors. It takes the healer ten minutes to reattach a limb. The limb must have come from the body it is being reattached to."

Which means, if you can't find Atrum's heart or brain, he's gone forever...
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I have Highlighted some key words in bold

In order to bring a character back from the dead, the healer must first prepare the body for the reintroduction of the essence. It takes the healer five minutes to prepare a body for resurrection. The Empath then takes over after the body is prepared, however, the healer must stay with the body in order to keep it stabilized for the duration of the resurrection process. After all steps of the resurrection are complete, the patient must draw two chips plus one chip per hour the character has been dead. The chip draw can never be lowered below one. If the healer also has to reattach the patients head the chip draw is increased by four additional chips. If the heart needs to be reattached, the chip draw is increased by four additional chips. Chip draws by the patient at the conclusion of the resurrection process represent the overall chance of failure not just the chance of failure on the healer’s part.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The point is you need the body.

Some cool points though

I am a fan of full metal alchemist and I try to move arcane in that direction so there are ways to bring a person back without the stuff, but you will have to get creative and maybe do a little research.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

Ok, so how does one destroy a heart/brain/etc? I guess this is what Reid was getting at. Can they simply just squish it into a useless mass with a 5 count after spending the minute to remove it from the body? Can the corpse be burned? How long would the burning take? Can it be eaten by a non-eater of the dead?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Couldn't we have a "Not covered by rules rule?"
Very simple tasks. 5 count
simple tasks 15 count.
short tasks 1 minute
Medium tasks 15 minutes
long tasks 1 hour
Really long tasks 4 hours.
FRIggin impossible tasks 1 day

burning a body: long.
cutting up an organ: short

etc?
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Errr yeah Cole I guess we could put that in and ask people to use their best judgement.

Better yet lets put it in a FAQ. If I saw that in a rule book I might not play the LARP
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Midnight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Midnight »

I'd like to point out my post did say:
at least one red chip per nine white chips
I didn't think you could have 1000 white chips and one red, silly wife #4 ;)
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

cole45 wrote:Couldn't we have a "Not covered by rules rule?"

etc?
Damn Travis, that's a pretty good idea.

I like it.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

If I'm not mistaken, he's asking what if the body has been a victim if an Eater of the Dead and the body was missing a heart or brain as it has been consumed. Does the brain and heart count as limbs? Can you rez someone who is missing a brain or heart? Can you find or regrow a new one for them?
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Nope, you need a functioning body. A body can function with no arms and no legs but not withiut a head or a heart.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

I would consider rewording:

If the character is missing a head or heart, follow the rules for resurrection below.
To something like:

If the character's head or heart has been removed, but are available, follow the rules for resurrection below.