A question

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I agree. The dual wield rules work right now. Large weapons could be dealt wih in Disciplines just like dual wielding.
Travis Cole
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

cole45 wrote:I agree. The dual wield rules work right now. Large weapons could be dealt wih in Disciplines just like dual wielding.
Yep
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Though I am most hisitant about giving extra damage to a large weapon

The thing tha bothers me as a player is it seems anti intuitive to me that I cannot pick up two weapons and go to town if I want to.

Just seems cool and fun to be able to do.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

you also can't pick up a rock and throw it. we have to pick our realism.

Large weapons don't need to have extra damage.(crush might make more sense)
How about 1 free non life point press displine. (pushing people away)

How about an ability that knocks someone down :PRONE.

How about opening up barabrian from blunt to large weapons for crush.

Etc.

And if you REALLY wanted to concider it, make shield use the first warrior abilty. No shield use, no shield. (20 points for non warriors.) cheaper than swashbuckler 2.
Travis Cole
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nelkie »

I say make it free for people to use a sword and board, and 2 weapons at the same time. The reason for this is the new charging rules. I believe this balances it out nicely.

For using long/large weapons, make them immune to crush, it would give them an advantage and balance everything out

That my idea.
My Thoughts

Aaron
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

how about long/large weapons 2 handed. Because you could make really long light weapons one handed, use a shield and be really unfair.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I don't see any reason why any single weilded weapon can't be immune to crush (with the obvious exception of fear induced crush). A smaller weapon isn't any advantage when wielded by itself. Though this does, make a bit of a change in tactics when fighting against crush attack. I'd just drop the shield and fight single weapon. Granted, more than likely they'll be swinging either a larger weapon or sword and board, while I'm stuck with a short sword.

As for dual wield, what would swashbuckler get then?
Last edited by dier_cire on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Free duel wield.
I mean that or make sword and board a skill.

Give Swash something cool to replace it, like evade...
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

I have always been told that if you swing to hit my weapon, and not me, it is a cheese of crush. When I swing crush it is AT my enemy, not the extended weapon.

Now, if I swing at them and they block that's different, but swinging away from a player and at there extened weapon to get a crush attack... that's just pure lame.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Correct Steve, I was mentioning that above. So basicalyl long weapons have a built in advantage against crush assuuming you can stay out of range.

Eric,

I dont know if I would want to flat out give 2 handers immunity to crush.

I dont even want to increase damage because that is not intuitive. Range combat IMO is not intuitive either. I just think that dual wield would be a fun thing to give to people. Basically you can pick up any weapon and use it. I keep picturing Dueger in LOTR with two axes. Seems to me we should be able to allow that if the player wants that, but then again maybe it is too much of an advantage.

As for two handed weapons I am thinking we may need to give them more power withing disciplines. Forexample giving them plus 2 damage vrs 1
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

how about dual wielding is free, but in a non stackable manner. Rage/WF etc.
Travis Cole
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

you can swing dual axes now with swashbuckler.

I disagree that people should just be given things they want for free...

Right now you could use two axes and deal 2 with each of them. Swashbuckler/undead hunter. You can do it. (small weapons are 39 inches. Three feet,, three inches.) Should you get them for free. no.
Last edited by cole45 on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The damage isn't really the issue. The problem with single weapons is they just can't get around a shield. Uping the damage won't really help as they'll still get chewed up by a smart shield user. You could call 50 and I bet someone calling 2 (non-rage) could still easily kill them, due to Parry.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

How about saying dual wielding raises your armor class but anyone can do it, especially since that is how sword and board is and everyone pretty much agreed that those are the best 2 ways to fight.

As far as longer\larger weapons I don't think they really need anything, maybe say anyone can charge a 2 with a large 2 handed weapon similiar to the pikemans skill but still leave the pikeman with 5.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Not bad, I could go for an offhand weapon or shield adds one to armor rating... balances it with shields.