Removal of Limbs and such

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Tonia Glowski wrote:#1 - None of us were Eaters of the Dead or any hidden disciplines. We were just sick twisted individuals enjoying the flesh of our fallen foes and ensuring they wouldn't be a threat to us in the future.
With that I have a serious issue with the events before the second battle then. I was told that the bodies were un raisable due the brains being eaten and such. In fact, I saw the acting out of eating Arthos' brain before the rewind of the first. There were no rules for destroying a body in this manner and every one of you should have known better. Well, before this point, I was ok with the fact that there was an abuse of a loophole (Eater of the Dead), but now it's just stupid the way people were perm killed. Every one of those PCs should be rightfully pissed. I've made rules mistakes but that's just blantant disregard for them. The fact is every one of them was perm deathed by cheating, plain and simple.

I swear there needs to be a test before one is allowed to play this game...

Sorry for being an ass, but that just really pisses me off.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Eric, I don't understand. How were they cheating?
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Um

THERE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A FREAKING RULE FOR CHOPPING OFF A HEAD

EATING A HEART

EATING A LIVER

EATING A BRAIN

LICKING A BUTT

Come on Eric what planet are you on? There is no loop whole it is as intended. I have no issues with the evil PC's Perma killing anyone.

IF you think they did it too quickly then well that is one thing, but they really had all day so it didn't matter.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

"If it's not in the rulebook, you can't do it."

Your words Chris...
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Actually there were more complaints about them taking too long to rp out the eating (called gloating at one point) and that whole it's cheating eat someone I mean seriously, what are u talking about.

I think we should add rules to the game for wiping butts, it get soo nasty after pooping and I don't see a rule in the book to tell me what happens if I don't wipe...
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

He is talking about skills in the game.

Cutting up a body and eating parts of it is not a skill.

(see previous post, as now I guess butts cannot be wiped because it's not in the rule book.)

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

First of all, just because it is not in the rules does not mean that you cannot do it. For instance, burning a body is not in the rules, but the PCs have done it to several NPCs. Are they all cheaters now?

Secondly, I was not aware that anyone told anyone that someone could not be raised at all because something was missing. Are you sure about that? Was a GM consulted about this at all? Also, would it have made you feel better if we had just taken the heads to our Haven out in the woods for which there is no method in game to ever find it? We had plenty of time to do so.

I had more to my post, but it highlighted several instances of cheating that occurred during the game. However cheating implies intent and I don't think any of the PCs who broke the rules that I highlighted meant to do so or really even realized that they were doing so. Thus I have removed these from my post as it really is Eric that I am angry at and not those PCs.

However, one thing I would like to point out is that most of those PCs (as I understand it) aren't mad at us in the least. In fact, I am pretty certain that many of them (if not all) knew that we were not eaters of the dead, and were just sick and twisted people. I'm also fairly certain that the GMs knew we were doing it and am sort of surprised that the GMs didn't give our people a chip draw for a random disease once in a while. It would have been cured fairly quickly, but we certainly woudln't have complained about it even though there was no rule stating we had to do so. It just makes sense.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

A non rule should not affect anything rule related... Otherwise wh have rules at all?
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

Some of us come to a Live Action Role Playing game to roleplay. If I wanted Diablo, I'd play Diablo.
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Actually Cannibalism is quite healthy, or so I’ve heard. I mean after all everything we need is in people right? Else why would soylent green be people…

I still say if you don’t wipe you’ll catch a disease… we need a rule for that…

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

You know guys I locked the otehr post and will lock this post as well if need be.

Eric, I know this is a very hard concept for some people to understand. I just had this talk with Brad infact, but you do not need a rule for everything.

There is no rule for talking but yet everyone seems to keep doing it.

And as for ress'ing people. You need a working body so removing the lungs from a person would make them unable to be raised.

As for testing....Well you all had the res rules in front of you for atleast a month or two so if you had problems you should have voiced them. I currently do not have a problem.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Kale wrote:Also, would it have made you feel better if we had just taken the heads to our Haven out in the woods for which there is no method in game to ever find it? We had plenty of time to do so.
Actually, 100% better. That's bending the rules not breaking them, which is why I'm annoyed. You know as well as I that if it had been me eating those people, no one would hesitate to call me out...

Apparently, I'm in a league all my own...
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

dier_cire wrote:
Kale wrote:Also, would it have made you feel better if we had just taken the heads to our Haven out in the woods for which there is no method in game to ever find it? We had plenty of time to do so.
Actually, 100% better. That's bending the rules not breaking them, which is why I'm annoyed. You know as well as I that if it had been me eating those people, no one would hesitate to call me out...

Apparently, I'm in a league all my own...
Weren't the PCs chopping people's heads off previous to this event? Was there a rule in the book for chopping a head off prior to this event?
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

Code: Select all

If the character is missing a head or heart, follow the rules for resurrection below.

In order to bring a character back from the dead, the healer must first prepare the body for the reintroduction of the essence. It takes the healer five minutes to prepare a body for resurrection. The Empath then takes over after the body is prepared, however, the healer must stay with the body in order to keep it stabilized for the duration of the resurrection process. After all steps of the resurrection are complete, the patient must draw two chips plus one chip per hour the character has been dead. The chip draw can never be lowered below one. If the healer also has to reattach the patients head the chip draw is increased by four additional chips. If the heart needs to be reattached, the chip draw is increased by four additional chips. Chip draws by the patient at the conclusion of the resurrection process represent the overall chance of failure not just the chance of failure on the healer’s part.