Having Resources Chests

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Having Resources Chests

Post by Nelkie »

Since there are new rules for resource storing in game now and we are in a new place where storing and moving equipment is important, would the powers that be willing to let craftsman make the containers and equipment before game on if they have the resources??
My Thoughts

Aaron
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

You are taking resources with you?
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Well yeah, I am bringing a few bags of resources.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Yep, if so then well I'm sure Kidwynn would have done some crafting of some containers.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Yes, crafting on containers can be done between events this time and this time ONLY. I cannot stress this part enough. This is a ONE time opportunity. We will also be a little lenient on the physreps used this time as well but containers must be physrepped.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Thanks Easter Bunny.

:D
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Questions

Post by Nelkie »

I was checking the lengths of containers I have in my garage and I'm having trouble finding something that is at least 24" on all 3 sides. I have containers that are 36"x20"x20" which larger in volume than a 24"x24"x24" contianer, but does not meet the requirements. Instead of having a minium size requirement can it be based on minium volume requirement. this will allow the PC more freedom on the shape of the containers.

Volume = Length X Width x Height
Volume Requirements
Level 1 - 1cubic foot, 1,728 cubic inches
Level 2 - 8cubic foot, 13,824 cubic inches
Level 3 - 27cubic foot, 46,656 cubic inches
Level 4 - 64cubic foot, 110,592 cubic inches

Also, what does it take to break into a container? We have rules for buildings, but not these containerss.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Also, Have 'Containers' been added to the Starting Equipment list?
Can someone start with a container?
Can I have a 'Chest' to carry Phys-Reps as an Role-playing element, and just not carry resources in it, so as not to need a Crafted-Item?
WayneO42
GM

Re: Questions

Post by WayneO42 »

Instead of having a minium size requirement can it be based on minium volume requirement. this will allow the PC more freedom on the shape of the containers.

Volume = Length X Width x Height
Volume Requirements
Level 1 - 1cubic foot, 1,728 cubic inches
Level 2 - 8cubic foot, 13,824 cubic inches
Level 3 - 27cubic foot, 46,656 cubic inches
Level 4 - 64cubic foot, 110,592 cubic inches
Also, what does it take to break into a container? We have rules for buildings, but not these containers.
Its based on the lock. There are no rules for breaking a container. I am not convinced they are needed.
Also, Have 'Containers' been added to the Starting Equipment list?
Can someone start with a container?
No, but that could be changed. As of right now though, a new player could come in with as many class one containers as they want.
Can I have a 'Chest' to carry Phys-Reps as an Role-playing element, and just not carry resources in it, so as not to need a Crafted-Item?
Yep. No problem.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Cool

Post by Nelkie »

I can get behind that Wayne.

So if you steal a chest which has a lock on it, you need to find a rouge to pick it to gain entrance to it. That would be the only way into the container.

Ok, will this work with in the current rules.
I have 6 level 1 chests. I wrap a chain around the chests and use 1 lock to secure the chain.
The stack of chests could not be moved unless 12 people where used becasue all the chests are locked together with the chain. And the only way to gain access to the chests is to unlock the lock and remove the chains.
Is this legal??
My Thoughts

Aaron
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Dont know if its illegal, but it certainly sounds rediculous.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Thats cheese! Come on. Do we need rules on how to break containers? I am thinking 1 minute count out load.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Its a snowball effect. If you make rules about how long it takes to break a container, youll need rules on how to make better containers.

If you think about it, nearly every movie you have ever seen has tham breaking a lock off of a chest. If it was easier why not smash the chest?
A locked chest is a locked chest. Want in? Unlock it.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I can't figure out how to tie 6 things together with one string of any reasonable size and not be able to slide one chest out... Unless you've got it running through eyeholes and such. Which I'd could see working if the containers had the holes.

2 Chests I could see... That's at least possible with a reasonable sized chain.

I could go with role play it out on the chain thing (give us boyscouts a reason to have all that knot tying skill). If someone can have enough chain (rope) to tie them together securely so that no one box could be removed, then go them. However, if I can walk up and slide one out (and reason stands if one goes they all can) then the idea was fruitless. It'd probably be cheaper to just have seperate locks anyway...

I mean even a chain and lock on one box isn't even remotely secure unless you have the chain turn 90 degrees at some point (ie christmas ribbon type thing) and/or it going through hand holds.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

chests should not blow up that is why we have pick loclks
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them