Bureaucrate

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Bureaucrate

Post by Nelkie »

Question on the 2nd level skill.

It states you use the leadership skill in one place. If you are a guild head, can you use the bonus for your guild, or is it only when you support some one or a higher orginization.

Also under the wealthy rules
The chart bonus for support bonus add up to 20%, but in the written descritption it says you can achieve 25% bonus.
Also, what does that support bonus effect? Personal support points, does it effect all the support points you recieve if you are a leader of an orginization? Does bonus work for in one place like 2nd level bureaucrat, or does it effect all support point transactions. aka, you get the bonus when you support your orginization when you are the leader and when you support a higher type orginzation.
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

It works like leadership

Leadership gives you a bonus either to yourself when you support someone or the whole when you are a leader.

Example:

if you are Nelkie and you have 10 points and you support Erik you would have 12 points.

If you are nelkie leader of a guild then you have 10 points plus 90 points from otehr people =100 points that you can then apply 25% bonus giving 125 to a house.

You cannot say get (12 points plus 90) *25%. Well you could I guess go 10*25% plus 90 but why you would do that is beyond me.

Basically you can apply the bonus once.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

As it states in the description, the bonus applies to your total support. The first section of the Politics section defines total support as the support points your character has PLUS the support points you are given. It also states that an organization's support point total is equal to the total support points of the leader. So:

Arthos has 50 Support points. He becomes wealthy so now he has 60 support points (+20%). He then gains the leadership skill to give him 72 support points (20% + 25%= +45% bonus). Nelkie is uber-cool so he manages to become the head of the Awesome Coalition (An RGO). He gets six people to give him a total of 100 support points. Now, Nelkie has 217 Total support points (100 + 50= 150 +45% bonus= 217). The Awesome Coalition now has 217 total support points and the resource points that go along with it.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Cool

Post by Nelkie »

I'm following you, but how many support points would Arthos have to support the next teir orginzation a RRO. Would it be the 217 support points, or would only be 150 support points
My Thoughts

Aaron
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

217. When you give support, you give your total support.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Ok

Post by Nelkie »

I just want to make sure I totaly understand

Arthos who is Wealthy (+25% Support Bonus) and a level 2 Bureaucrate (25% support bonus) who is head of a level 1 RGO which gives a Arthos a total of 100 support points. When the modifiers are applied Arthos would have a total 150 support points which would equate to 150 support points * 1% bonus for level of RGO = 151 Production points which can be used for bringing in resources.

Than arthos thinking ahead decideds to have his RGO support an RRO. Arthos would have a total of 150 support points to send the head of the RRO.

Is this correct!!
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

150? No you are leader of an org it is 217

Why would you apply the bonus to your personal and not your voerall when you are a leader of an org?
Chris
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

150? No you are leader of an org it is 217 plus a 1% bonus to production points

Why would you apply the bonus to your personal and not your voerall when you are a leader of an org?
Chris
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Hello

Post by Nelkie »

So the bonus's for Bureaucrate and wealthy effect ones total allgence points from all those who support them and then the support poins given to a higher org

All leaders are 2nd level bureaucrates and max wealthy
Example
5 people and arthos create an RGO that has a total base of 100 support bonus. Apply arthos bonus's and the total support points are 150. Now Arthos has 151 resource points to use to bring in resources. Now arthos decides to support Donavan as leader of an RRO and passes on the 150 support points to him

Donavan has 30 personal support points and recieves arthos 150 support points. A base of 180 support points. Apply Donavans bonus and the total support points Donavan has is 270 for his RRO. Now Donovan decides to support Corbyn as leader of an RPO and passes on the 270 support points to him.

Corbyn has 30 personal support points and recieves Donavans 270 support points. A base of 300 support points. Apply Corbyns bonus's and the total support points Corbyn has is 450 for his RPO.

Is this correct??
My Thoughts

Aaron
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Nelkie

Post by Nelkie »

Is my last descritpion of how the bonus work correcrt??
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

yes
Chris
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Am I reading the book wrong or do you have to spend those points in support of someone to get the 2nd level support bonus?
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Its meant to mean that you dont get the bonus if you split support. If you dont support anyone, consider it supporting yourself thus you would get the bonus.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

What !!!

Post by Nelkie »

Ok,

I'm getting conterdictry posts here. I'm having chris saying my example is correct with the bonus of wealthy and bueacrate working when you calculate your orginization total support points when you are a leader and also works when you support a higher level orginization

Wayne,
Are you saying the bonus are counted when a 3rd level bueaucrate splits their support points between 2 orgizations? Or do you mean something else.

There is 2 ways to count the bonus's
1. when you support your own RGO as the leader (You add all the peoples support points and the leaders, than apply the bonus when calculating the resources points for the RGO)
2. when your RGO supports a RRO (You add all the peoples support points and the leaders, than apply the bonus when calculating the amount of support points given to the RRO)

Does the bonus work for both situations at the same time or is one or the other type deal. If so, good luck on expaining it to people. I know the system, but you have me confused.
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

OMG this isnt that complicated!

Aaron we are saying the same thing.

Here it is: "You get the super cool favorable %'s as I already told you on the phone"

You are a goofball!

Would it be easier if we say you cannot use leadership in conjunction with split allegence?
Chris