?Stacks?

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Correct, the other part is there and is useful in a few situations but for the most part it is all about the healing negatives.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Can one using healing on themselves or only other people? Just wondering as if first aid did increase regen, 3 every 5 would still be not as widely useful or as powerful as healing, yet costs 20 (and race) and healing only costs 40 (and you get first aid). If you can heal full in 4 min, how in the long run does 3 every 10 minutes compete?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

who what?

we have regen and it will heal 3 points say every 5 mintes.

We then have first aid and healing. They are two differnt skiils. They do not stack.

VERY confused
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

healing heals x hitpoints in 4 minutes... (cost: 40 points (you also get first aid here as a bonus))
regen heals 3 hitpoints in 5 minutes... (cost: 20 points plus racial boon)

Both have approimately the same restrictions as to when they can be used. Regen doesn't work in combat but healing can be. Regen doesn't take concentration, healing does. Like I said approximately...

Now, if you have over 4 or 5 life, healing is a much better option. Now, if regen was heal to full in 10 minutes and if you had both, it'd heal you to full in 5 minutes, it'd be pretty nice. As it stands, you'd be a better regen character by just spending the points on healing.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Regen as it currently stands is 10 minutes not 5. Wanted to point that out before anyone gets confused.

Now if they changed it to 5 that would be a start on an improvement of the skill, but if it was full life after 5 only on self that would be make it on par skill.

In fact that's a really good idea.

What would it be if you had both forms of Regen then?

How about Regen- Heal your self to half after 5 minutes of rest full after 10 minutes.

If combined with a second regen (i.e. Barbarian and Ga-Vin) heal self to half in 2.5 min and full after 5 while resting.

Basically, would make Regen useful, but since it would only be on your self, it wouldn't put healers out of buiz. And it still takes almost three times as long for those who want to compare it to healing:

Regen at 20 exp(only buying lv 1 discipline Barbarian) = 10 min to heal self to full
(add in race Ga-Vin and it would still be quicker to use healing!)

Compare:

Healing at 40 exp = 4 min to heal self (or ANOTHER) to full + you get to have first aid, i.e. +2 life to critically wounded person.

I see where Eric is coming from, man it when that happens!
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

BTW this started out as me simply asking about stacking regen and regen, which was a question. Looks more like a idea or sugestion now...
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I was thinking full in 10 minutes for regen. If both then full in 5 minutes. No half life as 2.5 is ugly. I think it'd be pretty on par then. Plus it'd work nicely into the combat reflexes recovery this way.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Cant do halves and full.

Can increase the LP's gained.

Good catch on this one!
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

GM_Chris wrote:Cant do halves and full.
Not sure I want to know why. Monster stats perhaps?