Rage (pg 56)

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

WayneO42
GM

Rage (pg 56)

Post by WayneO42 »

Clarify so it is clear that it can only be used with melee weapons:

This skill allows a character to summon forth their inner rage, which increases the damage dealt with a melee weapon by one. While the character is filled with rage they can NOT do anything else but pursue their enemies and hack them to bits. Thus, they cannot use any skills that have a charge up time or take a life point to activate while raging. In addition, they cannot perform tasks such as searching bodies, carrying people off the field, or drinking potions. To activate rage costs a life point, to turn this skill off a character must make a 5 count, but to reactivate it requires the expenditure of another life point even if used during the same combat.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Though it's been asked before, the 5 count is or is not a counted action?

Cooling off would be a pita if you couldn't block or get touched for 5 seconds
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

To activate rage costs a life point, to turn this skill off a character must make a 5 count...

It is a counted action. This could be changed if enough people think it is a problem. It would be easy to change it to "..To activate rage costs a life point, to turn this skill off a character must make a 5 count, however, this count may be made while being hit or while on the move."
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

I don't see what the problem with the understanding of the skill is. I mean it's the same 5 count used when getting out of "vopal mode" technically and I remember when I was a full path warrior doing a five count to get myself out of rage mode as well.

However that wording with being on the move and all does clear up things quite nicely.

:D
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The rage cool down was mean to be interruptable.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Yeah I think the 5 count here is simply to keep people from going, oh yeah I dropped rage the instant before the monster hit me with 30 crush and therefore, now I parry.

So, maybe just a general rule that any skill requiring a 5 count "cool down" can be done while moving / being hit. Verse "charge up" skills which you have to hold still and not be hit.

Basically a "cool down" and a "charge up" distinction.

How does that sound?
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Humm...well then either keep that or go with the idea Wayne proposed, which honestly is a darn good idea and wording.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

This skill allows a character to summon forth their inner rage, which increases the damage dealt with a melee weapon by one. While the character is filled with rage they can NOT do anything else but pursue their enemies and hack them to bits. Thus, they cannot use any skills that have a charge up time or take a life point to activate while raging. In addition, they cannot perform tasks such as searching bodies, carrying people off the field, or drinking potions. To activate rage costs a life point, to turn this skill off a character must make a 5 count, however, this count can be made while the character is moving or getting hit. To reactivate rage requires the expenditure of another life point even if used during the same combat.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

I don't see how someone can possibly get their rage under control while being hit, or doing anything other than intensely focusing on lowering their heart rate, finding their happy place, etc.

The count should definitely be interruptable.
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well it might not be rage it could be called focus. or being "in the zone"

I sware we should change all the paths to abcde and change thediscplines to greek letters and then not name any skill.

What would you say if we change rage to skill 1 of path e?

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I like the path names, but honestly the skill names could just be skill 1, skill 2, etc... It really would solve a bunch of symantec issues.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.