Assassin: Utilize Poison (pg 61)

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

They should be feared.

I agree, I was simply confused by original vorpal post thing. I thought that was too much, but w/o that, it is cool, but not too cool.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

Now I know this is getting back into ruling questions, but I would just like to make sure I got this down..

Poisoning a weapon takes 1 minute.. making it a charge skill (correct?)

therefore once the weapon is poisoned you are considered under the effect of having a skill active.. such as when an empath has a boom ready and is carrying it around.. you cannot activate any other LP or Charge skills.. So a Full Warrior Full Assassin with a poisoned weapon would not be able to Parry or Defensive Matrix and the like as they are LP skills (Correct?)

Nor would an assassin with a poisoned weapon be able to break his weapon against an opponent to deal Vorpal damage as that is also a LP skill (as it takes a LP to break a weapon for special damage). (correct?)

As I said, I am not trying to make more arguments, I am just trying to wrap my head around the different skills, I thought i had it figured out but have been seeing conflicting things lately. I think the answers to these questions would help immensely.. thanks.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Oh and do you loose "poison" / "magic" call if you're hit?

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

We are still discussing this in the GM forum.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Not to fly of on a tangent but wouldn't an easier method to have this just be like a 5 count for next swing type deal?

Another alternative would be to have it be a 5 count type deal that once charged is considered passive (ie another skill may be charged on top of it) since you don't need to concentrate to hold a poisoned weapon.

Again, I think overall for simplicity, a duration of combat type charge up or life point skill should be considered passive once charged / payed for. It makes for a bit of nasty combos, but those are able to be handled (if they even need to be) easier than playng word games.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

You are thinking the same as we are :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Atreus Darkwell
New in Town
New in Town

poison

Post by Atreus Darkwell »

I think that was an awesome idea great job!!! I think adding a count would work out perfect
Trust no one at your back not even your shadow
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

GM_Chris wrote:You are thinking the same as we are :)
That scares me... :shock:
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

dier_cire wrote:
GM_Chris wrote:You are thinking the same as we are :)
That scares me... :shock:
I think I'm now officially terrified..... :P
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

idea

Post by Nelkie »

Here is an idea I had for the use of this skill

charged skill,
Takes a 5 count to charge (aka coat a weapon in posion, no target required, next hit you call posion in your damage call. Also, you can break weapons and use this skill at the same time.

Defense matrix and enchant weapon can have a line added to the description that says, you can use other life point skills when this skill is active.

Please note defense defense matrix is a level 2 warrior ablity.
My Thoughts

Aaron
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Re: idea

Post by dier_cire »

Nelkie wrote:Defense matrix and enchant weapon can have a line added to the description that says, you can use other life point skills when this skill is active.
For defensive matrix, since currently it's the only long term life point skill (besides enchant weapon) without a disclaimer on what can be used with it, it'd be just as easy to remove the blanket 1 life point skill only rule. Then future skills can be added with requirements and/or checked for balance easily as there's not many long term life point skills.

The only issue I could see at the moment is fear, but I don't think being able to use fear while in defensive matrix is really a break.

As for enchant weapon, why limit it to just life point skills? Thus, the reason I say make it passive. Then if someone wants to do 12 magic backstab, go them...
DrakelenasElderich
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DrakelenasElderich »

But would they stack with multi weapon enchants if you used the charge then passive idea?

Example:

"12 Magic Vorpal Poison Backstab" (He said what?)

Magic...LP used then considered Passive?

Poison...Charge up time used then considered Passive?

Vorpal...Long term LP, considered Passive when used?

12 Backstab...Charge up time, kept untill used or broken by being disrupted

I might be wrong in this.....but that seems crazy.
Drakelenas Elderich
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Ok, here are the fixes for Enchant weapon and Utilize poison:

Assassin: Utilize Poison (61)
Assassins are the only ones who can coat a weapon in poison. The poison coating a weapon is good for the duration of combat or until the assassin sheaths or sets down the weapon. Only bladed weapons (sword, dagger, axe, arrow, spear, etc) can be coated in poison. A strike from a weapon that is coated in poison has the call “Poison” amended to it. Example: A hit from a sword for “1” becomes “1 poison” and a hit from an arrow for “1 Vorpal” becomes “1 Vorpal Poison”. It takes 1 minute to coat a weapon. Only the Assassin may use a coated weapon. Once the charge up time is complete, this skill is considered a passive skill for its duration.

Enchant Weapon Skill (72, 73)
The character can shroud their weapon in magic causing it to deal magical damage. To do this the character simply needs to spend a LP. The effect lasts for the duration of combat during which the character must append “Magic” to any damage calls made with that weapon. For example: “1” becomes “1 magic” and “1 crush” becomes “1 Magic Crush”. Once the charge up time is complete, this skill is considered a passive skill for its duration.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

In response to your comment Drake.. you would not be able to use Vorpal and Backstab together.. as you cannot combine a LP and Charge skill.. although you could do either the 12 poison magic backstab.. or 1 vorpal poison magic.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Ok, so both magic and poison (not vorpal) become "passive" I just want to be clear about this? What skill types can be used when it has become a "passive" skill? Can soneone then make poison vorpal? Or as Drake says use it with a back stab?

The example for Magic shows that once it is passive it can be used with Crush, or am I miss reading that?
Last edited by Eli on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.