Avyana Boon

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

WayneO42
GM

Avyana Boon

Post by WayneO42 »

Ok, I hate the avyanna hop boon. It is extremely limited. I was thinking of a new boon for the avyanna could be:

The avyana may spend 1 life point for a 5 second flee (Per the Scout skill). If the avyana already has the flee skill, the extra 5 seconds tag onto the end of the skill time with no extra life point expendature.

What do you all think?
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Technically its Glide, not Hop, but thats semantics.

I like Glide, it makes sense. Maybe it would help if you thought of it as 'Evasion'. This will come into game much more when we get a cave system in place.

I vote Evasion/Glide.

~the Lunatic fringe~
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

The way the Avyana boon is worded, it actually can have more uses than just evading traps.

1. An Avyana doesn't take fall damage. No matter what height he might fall from, he can glide safely to the ground.

2. Can cross chasms if the far side is reasonably lower than the side the avyana is currently on.

3. Possibly even perform limited flight if the avyana starts from an elevated position - ie. do anything a glider could do.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

True, lets look at each example.
Original use; Avoid pit trap, no brainer.
1st ex; Doesn't take fall damage, however in a pit trap you would still take add-on damage assuming there is any. Spikes, Needles, etc.
2nd (and 3rd) ex.; This possibility would be covered by Plot outlines. If the GM says yes then yes, if no..

I dont think we really need to cover No do we?

~the Lunatic fringe~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I could see the flee, but it does create an issue with root and fear. A racial ability that is more powerful than real skills sucks (course this all depends on if the wording of flee is changed to what was agreed upon at the playtest).

In the right circumstances glide can be very nice to have. It's about on par with resist poison.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I think the glide can be more useful than the flee and it gives the Avyana a special skill to it's own which keeps the game more interesting.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~