!!New!! Skills relating to death and Resurection

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

That is correct.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well unless you have super secret info :)

Anything is always possible
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

cool
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Dredge
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Dredge »

Being an Eater of the Dead, I'm curious as to what
1) How much time it takes to eat a brain
2) What brain eating does to resurrection chances
3) What eating a body(2 minute &/or four minute) does to resurrection chances?
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Dredge wrote:Being an Eater of the Dead, I'm curious as to what
1) How much time it takes to eat a brain
Same time it takes to eat a heart. I will clarify this in the skill description and post it.
Dredge wrote:2) What brain eating does to resurrection chances
Same as removing a head
Dredge wrote:3) What eating a body(2 minute &/or four minute) does to resurrection chances?
As of now, it has no bearing on the res process. We will discuss this amongst the GMs however and decide if it does need to impact the chance.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Dredge
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Dredge »

Thanks. Not like I'm planning on eating anybody thats a PC, but it may come up one way or another.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

WayneO42 wrote:
Dredge wrote:2) What brain eating does to resurrection chances
Same as removing a head
Dredge wrote:3) What eating a body(2 minute &/or four minute) does to resurrection chances?
As of now, it has no bearing on the res process. We will discuss this amongst the GMs however and decide if it does need to impact the chance.
I thought that if a part of the body that was vital (Head & Heart) was missing and could not be reattached it made resurrection impossible?
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Yeah if there is no body then there is nothing to rez.

Body must ve viable. I mean if say someone decides to remove someones lungs then you know you dont have a viable body
Chris
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

According to the new Process, and desecration of the body merely makes it harder to ressurect, that is why the healer needs to prepare a body.. so the removal of said brain, or heart or lungs just adds red chips to the ressurect process... or at least that was how I read the new thing.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well you still need a body if say there is no body but a head you dont add 2 red chips for mising a heart.

Do we need to put more by laws into the process?
Chris
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Ian_McAllister wrote:According to the new Process, and desecration of the body merely makes it harder to ressurect, that is why the healer needs to prepare a body.. so the removal of said brain, or heart or lungs just adds red chips to the ressurect process... or at least that was how I read the new thing.
Yes, those extra chips are putting those parts back in... assuming they are still whole and you have them to do it.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

You NEVER EVER add red chips to the healer's bag. No where in the rules does it say that. A missing Head or Heart adds to the number of chips that need to be drawn thus increasing your chance to draw the red chip.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

As for RED chips…

You can have more if you're an evil healer... 9 red, 1 white! muhahahahahaaaaa :twisted:

As for No body or missing parts:

I would hope that there is something added to substitute other body/parts at some point as it has been in the past: the whole option to kill another person to save a friend.

A good idea I had was that the person being sacrificed either had to be a PC that you kill to raise your friend, or some NPC of levels.

OR

When raised the person taking over another body becomes the level of the body they’re taking over with a maximum number of levels possible being the level they were at death.

So, no killing a peasant to Rez your dead friend, because that would give you lv 0 and you may as well start over at that point.

OR

Get negative levels at Rez when using another's body/parts. Say –10 levels every time your body is destroyed and you use another’s, to show stress on the essence being called back to the body, or something along those lines.

Basically I think there should be someway to go above and beyond morals of good and evil and bring back a dead friend to life even without a body.

-SoCo
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

It will be an equivilant source
Chris
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Try to make sure I have this clear.

what follows here is an example no real PCs were hurt in the making of this example

Rogue1 knocks out Sucker2. Rogue1 touches his weapon to Sucker2 and says "I am cutting your throat...1...2...3...4...5...You are dead."

Rogue1 then lifts his weapon and touches it back to Sucker2 and says "I am cutting off your head...1...2...etc...60...you are headless." Rogue1 then lifts his weapon a second time and touches it back to Sucker2. Rogue1 says "I am cutting out your heart...1...2...etc...60...your heart is removed."

Rogue1 leaves the heart the head and the body and goes away. Healer3 finds the body of Sucker2 with this heart and head laying beside him. Healer2 yells for Empath4 to come and help. Empath4 comes a runnin'.

Healer3 begins performing Mend the Vessel on Sucker2. Healer2 spends 5 minutes getting the body ready and then Empath4 takes over. Emapth4 spends 15 minutes finding Sucker2's essence and forcing it back into his body.

At the end of that 15 minutes, Sucker2 must draw 10 chips (2 initial + 4 headless + 4 heartless = 10 chips). This would mean that unless Healer2 has a special item that gives him more chips, Sucker2 is dead., because he will draw a red chip.

Now if Alchemy or Arcane is mixed with the essence gathering, then the number of chips that Sucker2 would have to draw can be reduced to 6 (10 - 1 Call essence - 1 Cry the Void - 1 Mend the (Sucker2's race) Body - 1 Fortify the Dead = 6 chips).

If Sucker2 is still unlucky and draws a red chip (can Healer3 control the number of red and white chips in the bag?) he is dead and can not be brought back by any means in the rule book.

If Sucker2 is lucky and draws all white chips, then is at 0 LP and starving. Unless Empath4 transfered life from someone with positive LP, thus bringing Sucker2 up to the LP of the donor and not starving while putting the donor at -10.

Lastly if Rogue1 is an eater of the dead and decided to eat either the heart or the brain of Sucker2, then there would be no way to bring Sucker2, back.