!!New!! Skills relating to death and Resurection

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Except being put to -10. = risk.

BTW there was some discussion of anytime surgery is performed the person it is performed upon must draw at least one chip. Was this decided against?
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Correct, that idea was killed. If there is a healer around, -10 is no danger because the healer can heal it with surgery without a chip draw
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Ok I think both nat and I get the new system to bring people back from the dead.

Not sure about the brining a living person back from -100 to -400 with surgery instead of simply letting them die and as long as healer and empath present letting them draw 2 chips after Gather essence and Mend body having been used. Note also if either healer or empath is also a arcane, it could be one chip. Vrs all those crazy Aaron machanics for surgery.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Can multiple arcanes cast their spells to keep reducing the number of chips required to be drawn? What about multiple potions?

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

well if you heal before they are dead and they die you gfet a second chance by then performing a res, on the othr hand if you let them die then you have only 1 chance.

Not sure what the odds are , but they are better than just letting them die
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The potions actually state in the description that only one can be used. The spells will also say so.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

There’s that, but the temptation to just let ‘em die can still be pretty high. If a person must draw 15 chips and have a hoard of resources spent to keep him alive, it may become practice just to let severely injured people die, and resurrect them later for fewer resources and much better odds with chips. Efforts to prevent death overall would likely be reduced - Surgery still performed, but the Healer may have the patient draw more chips instead of using potions.

However, if a life-donor was MANDATORY for resurrection, and the donor MUST also draw a chip, then all resurrections carry the risk of perma-death for both the resurrectee and one other person. That kind of risk ought to ensure that every effort is made to prevent anyone from dying.
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

That's what I was thinking, Amagus.

As for potions/spells.

I thought I read one too, but then I went back to find it I missed it.

Ah, it is on the potion, but not in spell. That's changing.

coo.

Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Red Chip = permadeath = do not pass go do not collect two hundred verlin...

No currently known way to bring a person back to life. Right?

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

LOL yeah we could require a donor and have them draw a chip as well :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

I'm with Doug and Soco on this one. Knowing the way resurrection system works I can't see people going all out to save someone. It's just not worth it. Beyond a certain point the chances of drawing a red chip become just too great to justify a prolonged surgery when the res chance is so much easier.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Trevor Owen
GM

True Enough

Post by Trevor Owen »

But if you draw a red chip on the res you aren't coming back at all... gone gone. This way you have two chances, if your friends want to spend the resources they can attempt to prevent you from dying, and even if you draw a red chip there, you can try again with the res. If you just res, and draw the red, oh well, time for a new character.
Master of witless lore and red herrings
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

OHHHH
See I thought if you EVER drew a red chip, you were gone-gone, no coming back. So during surgery, draw red, only dead, not dead-dead.

Well when you put it that way, feel free to spend LOTS of stuff keeping any little-big elves that like blue alive!!!!! :D

Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

And I dunno about the other GMs opinion... but saving someone at -300 LP would possibly be worth a hero point.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Re: True Enough

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Trevor Owen wrote:But if you draw a red chip on the res you aren't coming back at all... gone gone. This way you have two chances, if your friends want to spend the resources they can attempt to prevent you from dying, and even if you draw a red chip there, you can try again with the res. If you just res, and draw the red, oh well, time for a new character.
I had the same impression Soco did on this one.

For clarification, drawing a red chip during surgery DOES NOT perma-kill a character. It just kills them and they may be raised normally. Drawing a red chip during resurrection DOES PERMA-KILL a character and they are lost forever. Is this right?
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.