Reattach limb

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

People need to be educated ont he split your throat thing. I am sure I might have splurted it out when the adrenelian is going, but that doesnt mean the person I did that to should take it.

I..Slit..your..throat..you ..are...dead

about 2 to 3 whole seconds is enough time to stop feigning.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Alright just to complicate things more; here is what I think.

Killing Blows: If a person is unconscious (due to a negative LPs or being forced unconscious in some manner) or forced unable to fight back (tied up, unable to move limbs for some reason) a player may touch them with a weapon or fist phys-rep and declare "I am killing you." They then make a 5 count and say "You are dead."

If a person is unconscious (due to a negative LPs or being forced unconscious in some manner) or forced unable to fight back (tied up, unable to move limbs for some reason) a player may touch them with a weapon phys-rep and declare "I am removing your insert name of body part." They then make a 30 count and say "I have removed your insert name of body part."

If either situation happens to a player that player must then begin a 15 count and if they reach the end of that count before someone with healing skills (or potions?) does begins to counter the killing blow, they are dead.

Craftable Item: Cleaver - this item is especially sharp and good for severing things, like limbs from bodies. With this weapon it only takes a 15 count to remove a body part. This could be a monster ability too.

It is then necessary that the healer has all of the body to
prepare it for resurrection as normal. If not all of the body is present then 1 chip per limb missing is swapped from white to red in the bag (there still must be at least 1 white chip).
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

NICE!
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Not sure I like the word "forced" what if the player is legitimatly asleep? you can killing blow him can you not?
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Dont like all the chip swapping.

The time to remove the limb sounds cool with me though
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

My reason for the long count was to avoid the 15 count before full death occurs (ie it overlaps the surgeon's ability). Obviously, if we can cut off limbs from live people (which I'm against for the single reason it makes for more complex rules) this count is there for only for the reason to make it tougher to complete.

Now for the above example of rules...
What happens if the surgeon arrives in their 15 seconds after death and a limb has been removed? Does the limb come back? If not, can a surgeon still save someone if they lost a limb? If so what if said limb was the head?

Basically, we still have the issue of making removal of limbs desirable beyond trophies, which I think detracts from the game. If someone is dead, it should be tough to bring them back. Adding in limb requirements and such is sort of an added complexity that really just boils down to an attempt to make rezing tougher. Why not remove the complexity and just make rezing tougher without adding rules about body parts?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

cole45 wrote:Not sure I like the word "forced" what if the player is legitimatly asleep? you can killing blow him can you not?
I used that word on purpose. For one thing there is no fighting in the Inn which is where most people sleep. For another, if you are simply sleeping and someone stars sawing parts of your body you will most likely wake up before they finish. This is very complex and needs more GM input. How do they want to run with it.
GM_Chris wrote:Dont like all the chip swapping.
How about multiple draws then. Any red and you're finished.
dier_cire wrote:My reason for the long count was to avoid the 15 count before full death occurs (ie it overlaps the surgeon's ability). Obviously, if we can cut off limbs from live people (which I'm against for the single reason it makes for more complex rules) this count is there for only for the reason to make it tougher to complete.

Now for the above example of rules...
What happens if the surgeon arrives in their 15 seconds after death and a limb has been removed? Does the limb come back? If not, can a surgeon still save someone if they lost a limb? If so what if said limb was the head?

Basically, we still have the issue of making removal of limbs desirable beyond trophies, which I think detracts from the game. If someone is dead, it should be tough to bring them back. Adding in limb requirements and such is sort of an added complexity that really just boils down to an attempt to make rezing tougher. Why not remove the complexity and just make rezing tougher without adding rules about body parts?
In my opinion if they arrive in the 15 seconds the body part can be reattached while surgery is being preformed, ie they are healed and whole.

To some extent you are correct. This is a way to make it harder for people to come back. But it is a more controlable way for increasing the difficulty. It allows more variety in visciousness of revenge and vileness of villans. "Did they kill him?" "Not only that they cut up his body hung it from the trees. We never did find his ear." But I can see your point.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well honestly if I was going to saw off a limb then I would first place my weapon on their body and say I slit your throat your dead. If they wake up then well you fail, if they stay alseep they are dead. Then I would work on sawing
Chris
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Killing blows.

While I don't think you should be able to chop someone's arms off while they sleep, you CERTAINLY should be able to slit their throat. As for there being no fighting in the inn, we need to find out if that rule will even remain. You shouldn't be safe by virtue of napping. If you are uncouncious, your character is also unconcious.
Travis Cole
Dredge
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Dredge »

As far as no fighting in the Inn, couldn't there be a 'take it outside rule' where everyone who participates in an Inn fight steps outside to a roughly inn sized area and fights it out, then returns to the Inn to say the results.

Kind of wonky, but probably the safer way to do it.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Actually didnt we find out you could fight in the inn. :)
Chris
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

I dont think so. At least not in the Balconeys where the sleeping occurs.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

GM_Chris wrote:Actually didnt we find out you could fight in the inn. :)
Indeed. In writing from the park manager in fact.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

While there is fighting allowed in the inn by the park, that does not mean that we will change the rule, due to the fact that people on the balcony would be safe (because there will be no fighting up there), which is unfair to those sleeping on the bottom. We will let you know if any changes do take place in this regard.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I'm thinking it's more of a safety issue, I mean, there is so much stuff and people up there that people could really get trampled...or fall off the balcony...yuck.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.