detect lie

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Where is Sensing magic on a person coming from? The skill states:

Sense Magic
You can sense magic by studying an object for 15 seconds. This does not provide any detailed description of the magic, only that magic is present.

Last I checked, people were not objects.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

No, I didn't mean to imply that detect magic was used on a person. Just that a while back we talked about having cards/stones or what ever for people detecting magic so viewers could not see the action/results. I was trying to say that if we had a physrep for questioning someone with detect lie, you could use the same physrep for detect magic.(since you can not detect magic with out a GM/NPC present, they would have to provide the answer to the question, in the same fashion that a person being questioned for detect lie does.)
Travis Cole
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

WayneO42 wrote:Where is Sensing magic on a person coming from? The skill states:

Sense Magic
You can sense magic by studying an object for 15 seconds. This does not provide any detailed description of the magic, only that magic is present.

Last I checked, people were not objects.
Why aren't people objects? Bodies are composed of matter.

Anyway, what about objects carried by a person. Spending 15 seconds and asking if something a person carries is magical. I also think Sense Magic should work on people as well...
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I don't think sense magic should be sense magical ability. For instance if you had a spell or a magic item on you and someone detects you then you should say yes. But if not and they detect you you answer no like anyone else does.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

Being one who sense magic, I have never assumed sense magic can sense magical ability, when I have sensed magic on people, it has been to determine if they have a magical aura or effect in them.. or I sense their equipment to see if they are magical..
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

equipment

Post by Nelkie »

For detect magic, should not all equipment that is magical be labeled on the tag as such? This is so a person can detect magic and see if the equipment is magical with out the owner being there.
I agree with Phil in how detect magic works.
As for tags for detect magic, I do not like the idea becasue it adds complexity because of a RP issue. Just update the skill so the person has to be touching the person or be x feet away for the skill to work as mentioned above.
My Thoughts

Aaron